Subject: Seek Cooperation in Computer-aided Chemistry Software

From: Weifan Zheng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 1994 10:26:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hi netters,

My former academic advisor asked me to post this information, seeking 
cooperation in the Development of Computer Aided Chemistry Software.

The Computer Aided Chemistry Research Center in Nankai University, 
P.R.China was founded in 1986, headed by Prof. S. Lin. Currently, 
there are 9 graduate students and 3 PhD students. Their major research 
expereience is in the development of different kinds of computer softwares
such as Computer Aided Organic Synthesis Design, Computer Aided Interpretation
of Spectroscopy, Molecular Graphics Programs ( 2D molecular editor and 3D 
molecular editors ), QSAR and most recently energy minimization and 
molecular dynamics programs. They are also trying to combine CAOS 
programs with Pharmacophor search and Docking search programs for a 
better function of today's Computer Aided Drug Design methods.

If you 

(1) have a research project which needs some development of chemistry 
    software,
(2) or your company has any need to develop a software or some of the 
    modules,
    it is a good chance to cooperate.

If you are interested or need more information, please contact me at 

[email-masked]
  
Thank you for your attention!

Weifan Zheng
Lab for Molecular Modeling 
Division of Medicinal Chemistry
School of Pharmacy
UNC - Chapel Hill
NC 27599, USA