Subject: Florentine Symposium on Tr.Metals: Final Call

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jul 13 16:00:41 1994

INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON

MOLECULAR REACTION MECHANISMS INVOLVING TRANSITION METALS:
Experimental and Theoretical Aspects

Florence, October 25-30, 1994

Societa' Chimica Italiana and
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche

The list of topical lectures, which constitute the body of the Scientific
Program, is now practically ready. The invited speakers, alternating
from the experimental and theoretical areas, will give the hints for
developing common viewpoints about the Reaction Mechanisms
involving Transition Metals. There will be opportunities for discussion
and poster presentantion and the expected symbiosis between
experimentalists and theoreticians will hopefully become real also
thanks to the contribution of all of the participants. To encourage late
participants to register, the DEADLINE for abstract submission has been
postponed and new contributions arriving at Florence WITHIN the MONTH of
AUGUST will be considered.
The forms for Registration and Hotel booking are conveniently
reproduced at the end of the present document.

SPEAKERS and TOPICAL LECTURES
________________________________________________________
Albright  Thomas A. (University of Houston, USA)
"Reactions of Coordinated Acetylenes"

Balavoine  Gilbert (CNRS Tolouse, France)
"Formation and Reactivity of Peroxidic Species Catalyzed by
Transition Metal Complexes: Chemical and Biological Aspects"

Brookhart  Maurice S. (University of North Carolina, USA)
"Catalytic Transformations Using Cationic Pd(II) Alkyl Complexes"

Calderazzo Fausto (University of Pisa, Italy)
"Transition Metal-Carbon Bonds: an Essential Metal-Ligand System
for the Study of Elementary Processes. Some New Examples"

Calhorda Maria Jose (Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica, Portugal)
"Some Reactions on Transition Metals and Metal Oxides Surfaces"

Carmona Ernesto (University of Sevilla, Spain)
"Synthetic and Mechanistic Studies on C-H Activation Reactions by Rh
and Ir Complexes of Polydentate Ligands"

Caulton  Kenneth (Indiana University, USA)
"Classical and Non-Classical Hydrides: Experiments in Search of
General Principles"

Chisholm  Malcom H. (Indiana University, USA)
"Factors Influencing the Cleavage of C-X Multiple Bonds in Their
Reactions with M-M Triple Bonds"

Chiusoli Paolo (University of Parma, Italy)
"Steering Transition Metal-catalyzed Reactions by Means of Chelating
or Metallocycle-forming Substrates"

Dedieu Alain (University of Strasbourg, France)
"Oxygenation Reactions Involving Pd(II) Complexes. Theoretical
Investigations"

Dixneuf Pierre (University of Rennes, France)
"Activation of Terminal Alkynes by Ruthenium Complexes.
Selective Formation and Uses of Vinylidene and Cumelenylidene
Intermediates"

Eisenstein Odile (CNRS, University of Paris-Sud, France)
"Classical and Nonclassical Hydrides: Theory in Search of General
Principles"

Erker  Gerhard (University of Muenster, Germany)
"Carbon-Carbon Coupling Reactions Involving Group 4 Metallocene
Acetylide Complexes"

Fantucci Piercarlo (University of Milano, Italy)
"Ab initio Studies of Reactions Involving Dioxygen Coordinated to
Transition Metal Centers"

Floriani Carlo (University of Lausanne, Switzerland)
"Artificial Porphyrins via Metal-mediated Transformations of
Porphyrinogen Skeleton"

Gray Harry B. (California Institute of Technology, USA)
"Generation and Reactivity of Ferryl Hemes"

Graziani Mauro (University of Trieste, Italy)
"Chemoselective Hydrogen Transfer Reductions Catalyzed by Transition
Metals"

Hall Michael B. (Texas A&M University, USA)
"Theoretical Studies of Carbon-Hydrogen Activation"

Herrmann Wolfgang A. (University of Muenchen, Germany)
"Organic Metal Oxides in Catalysis"

Hoffmann Roald (Cornell University, USA)
"Similarities and Differences in Bonding and Reactivity between
Discrete Organometallic Molecules and Metal Surfaces"

Hofmann Peter (University of Muenchen, Germany)
"Selective Bond Activation Chemistry and Catalysis: Synthetic,
Mechanistic and Theoretical Studies"

Lippert Bernhard (University of Dortmund, Germany)
"Metal-Nucleobase Chemistry: Structural, Bonding and Reactivity
Aspects"

Luchinat Claudio (University of Bologna, Italy)
"Metalloproteins in Selected Redox Reactions"

Mansuy Daniel (Rene Descartes University, France)
"The Surprising Diversion of the Reactions Catalyzed by Cytochromes
P450 and their Synthetic Analogs"

Marzilli Luigi (Emory University, USA)
"Organocobalt Chemistry Relevant to B12 Coenzymes and Enzymes"

Mingos Mike M. (Imperial College of Science, UK)
"Contribution of Theory to Organometallic Reactions and Reaction
Intermediates"

Morokuma Keiji (Emory University, USA)
Potential Energy Surfaces of Reactions of Various Second and Third
Row Transition Metal Complexes"

O'Halloran Thomas (Northwestern University, USA)
"Structural and Reactivity of Five-coordinate Terminal-oxo Complexes
of d1, d2, and d3 Group VII Transition Metals"

Orpen Guy A. (University of Bristol, UK)
"Structural Systematics and Design of Metal-Phosphine Complexes"

Poli Rinaldo (University of Maryland, USA)
"Effects of Electron Pairing in Organometallic Reactions"

Roper Warren  (University of Auckland, New Zealand)
"Synthesis, Structure and Reactions of Compounds with Bonds between
the Transition Metals Ruthenium or Osmium and the Main Group Boron,
Silicon or Tin"

Sanchez Delgado Roberto (IVIC, Venezuela)
"Organometallic Models  of the HDS Reaction. Experimental and Theoretical
Studies on the Activation and Reactivity of Thiophenes on Metal Complexes"

Sgamellotti Antonio (University of Perugia, Italy)
"Ab-Initio Investigations on the Activation of Small Molecules on
Transition Metal Centers"

Shilov Alex (Academy of Sciences, Russia)
"Activation of Methane by Transition Metal Complexes in Chemical and
Biological Systems".

Tatsumi Kazuyuki (Osaka University, Japan)
"Activation of C-S Bonds by Electron Deficient Transition Metals"

Thieren Michael (PennState University, USA)
"Highly Conjugated, Acetylenyl-Bridged Porphyrins: New Models for
Light-Harvesting Antenna Systems and the Study of Ultrafast Electron
Transfer Reactions"

Vrieze Kees (University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
"Recent Advances in C-C Coupling Reactions Mediated by Pd-Alkyl
and Pd-Acyl Complexes"

Xavier  Antonio (Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica, Portugal)
"Mechanism for Cooperativity in Heme Proteins"
______________________________________________________________________

CONFERENCE ORGANIZATION
The conference is organized by the Societa' Chimica Italiana and
supported by the Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche  (C.N.R.)
The chairmen Dr. Claudio BIANCHNI and Dr. Carlo MEALLI of the
Istituto per lo Studio della Stereochimica ed Energetica dei Composti di
Coordinazione (CNR) cooperate with the International Scientific
Commette, formed by the following members:

Romano Cipollini, Rome (President)
Ivano Bertini, Florence
Geoffrey Wilkinson, London
Fred Basolo, Evanston
Luigi Venanzi, Zuerich
Luis Oro, Zaragoza
Oriano Salvetti, Pisa
Giovanni Natile, Bari
Gian Luigi Casalone, Milano

A local Organizing Commettee is formed by:
Alberto Vacca, Andrea Scozzafava, Mario Piccioli and Maurizio
Peruzzini (Scientific Secretary).

LOCATION and TIMING
The Symposium will be held in the Palaffari of Florence located in front
of the main Train Station (Piazza Adua). Arrival and Registration of the
Participants is scheduled on Tuesday, Oct. 25th at the Hotel Anglo-
Americano in the downtown of Florence (Via Garibaldi 9, tel. 39-55-
282114). A welcome party is organized at the same location. The
scientific sessions will be held Wednesday (26th) through Sunday
(30th, included). A free friday afternoon with an optional guided tour to
the Uffizzi Gallery is programmed. A conference banquet is also
programmed. A detailed timetable will be sent to all of the registered
participants within the month of September.

============================================================================
For further information inquire with Dr. Mealli or Dr. Peruzzini
e-mail addresses :   [email-masked]
                     [email-masked]
fax   0039-55-2478366
tel   0039-55-2346653
============================================================================

REGISTRATION FORM

INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON

MOLECULAR REACTION MECHANISMS INVOLVING TRANSITION METALS
Experimental and Theoretical Aspects

To
Societa' Chimica Italiana;Viale Liegi 48c
00198 ROME, ITALY;
FAX: 0039-6-8548734     e-mail: [email-masked]

Name (as it will appear on the badge)

Last:___________________________ First: _________________________

Organization (as it will appear on badge)
 _________________________________________

Mailing Address:
____________________________________
____________________________________
____________________________________
City _____________________  Zip Code ______________State ________
Telephone Number: (____)___________ Fax Number: (___)____________
Electronic mail address: ________________________________________

I may be accompanied by _____ persons.

I intend to submit a poster.   Yes ____     No ____
Abstracts, to arrive no later than August 31st 1994, should be sent
directly to the Secretary of the Symposium Dr. Maurizio Peruzzini,
ISSECC-CNR,Via J.
Nardi 39-50132 Florence, Italy

A Fee of $300 is required to all participants and it can be transferred
to Bank Account Number 171156
Societa' Chimica Italiana - Convegni
Banca d'America e d'Italia - Agenzia D, CAB: 03203-7,  ABI 3104-7
Piazza Cuba 2,
00198 ROMA, ITALY

Credit Card Payment (VISA, MASTERCARD, EUROCARD, CARTASI)
Please charge ITL                         to:
CARD N                                                  ;  expiry date:
Card Member Name:
Member Signature:

===========================================================================
Hotel Reservation Form

INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM
on
MOLECULAR REACTION MECHANISMS INVOLVING TRANSITION METALS
Experimental and Theoretical Aspects
Florence, October 25/30 1994

To: C.T.U. VIAGGI TRAVEL AGENCY
Via SANGALLO 9/r
50129 FIRENZE (ITALY)
PHONE: (0039-55)-283733 / 217019 / 216800
FAX:  (0039-55)-210915 - TELEX: 570048 CTU I

I wish to reserve one single/double room.
Hotel Category required __________________________

Arrival date _______________ Departure date _________________

Indicative Hotel rates per room per night including breakfast:
4 star Hotel:
single room             ITL 130,000/160,000
double room             ITL 190,000/250,000
3 star Hotel:
single room             ITL 110,000/130,000
double room             ITL 150,000/180,000
2 star Hotel:
single room             ITL 90,000/110,000
double room             ITL 130,000/145,000
1 star Hotel
single room             ITL 85,000
double room             ITL 115,000
Current Exchange rate: 1$=1600 Italian Liras

Booking fee: ITL 15,000 per person
Down payment to enclose by cheque or money order equivalent to ITL
250,000 + 15,000 (4 star Hotels) or ITL 150,000 + 15,000 (other categories).

CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
The Hotel booking form should be sent to CTU-VIAGGI with downpayment.
The travel agency will make reservation and send to each partecipant
confirmation and voucher showing Hotel name/address before october 5th.
The balance shown on the voucher will be settled directly to Hotel on arrival.

CANCELLATION FEES
For cancellations received between July 31st and October 1st, a cancellation
fee of ITL 50,000 per person + 15,000 per person will be charged. For
cancellation received after October 1st no refund will be made.

I have read and I agree with above general conditions of booking.

Signature ____________________________

Date ______________________

Personal Data (please print):
FAMILY NAME  ___________________________________
FIRST NAME  ____________________________________
ADDRESS ____________________ STATE  ________________________
COUNTRY  _________________________ PHONE
__________________________
FAX  ______________________ E-Mail __________________________

Dr. Carlo Mealli
ISSECC, CNR
Via J.NARDI 39, 50132 Firenze, ITALY
e-mail: [email-masked]
Tel. 0039-55-2346653 (243990) - Fax 2478366 - Home 4492709