Subject: Re: CCL:PARALLEL: Chemistry codes for the SP-1 or 2

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 1994 12:11:35 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

	We've been using parallel-GAMESS on the SP1 at Cornell National
Supercomputing Center for over a year.  It is possible to run GAMESS
using TCGMSG message passing software over the Ethernet connections
or MPL message passing software and run over the high performance 
switch.  
	If the similarities of the SP1 and SP2 are as I have heard,
parallel GAMESS should run on it with minor, if any, modification.
	GAMESS, parallel or serial, can be obtained at no charge from
its developers, the Iowa State Quantum Chemistry Group ([email-masked]).
	We have only used parallel-GAMESS, but I believe there is a 
parallel HONDO for the SP1.

Tom Cundari
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thomas R. Cundari                         Address until the end of August
Asst. Professor of Chemistry              Tom Cundari
Computational Inorganic Chemistry Lab     Visiting Scientist
University of Memphis                     CST-3, C346
Memphis, TN 38152                         Los Alamos National Lab
phone: 901-678-2629                       Los Alamos, NM 87545
fax:   901-678-3447                       
e-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.memst.edu/chemistry/umchem.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------