Subject: GNU Announcement

From: [email-masked] (Ron Shepard)
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 94 11:23:41 CDT

Date: Sun, 31 Jul 94 17:23:58 EDT
From: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Resent-From: [email-masked]
Subject: Survey: what free scientific, mathematical, and/or statistical
	software is wanted?
Status: RO

      [ Please repost this wherever you think is appropriate! ]

Project GNU of the Free Software Foundation is conducting a survey to
determine the kinds of mathematical software commonly utilized by scientists
and mathematicians.  Your answers will help us to determine the programming
tasks we present to our volunteers.  This will ultimately result in a more
complete set of math programs and subroutines available as free software. 

Please answer the following questions with regard to scientific,
mathematical, and/or statistical software:

   1.  What packages are commonly used?

   2.  What programs and subroutines are desired, but not available?

   3.  What freeware currently exists?

   4.  Where else can we ask these questions?

Please give as much detail as you can, including package name, author,
language, and where it can be found.

Send responses to [email-masked] 

Thank you!