Subject: Macromolecular modeling review

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 1994 17:45:06 -0400

I am involved in the organization of a special topics course for graduate 
students (principally in Biochemistry and the biological sciences) covering 
various aspects of "protein engineering".  We would like to include a 
component this year covering the use of computational methods for the 
modelling of mutated protein structures, particularly with respect to 
predicting the structural consequences of amino acid substitutions.  Another 
aspect that could be included is the application of such methods in the _de 
novo_ design of novel protein structures.

I would greatly appreciate input from the group as to any good, general 
review articles, books, etc. that would introduce the basics to students 
with general biochemical training and varied expertise in the subject area.

Thank you.

***********************************************************************
*  Richard P. Swenson    |                        .....  .....  .   . *
*  Dept of Biochemistry  | Tel: 614-292-9428     .   .  .      .   .  *
*  Ohio State University | FAX: 614-292-6773    .   .  .....  .   .   *
*  484 West 12th Avenue  | [email-masked]   .   .      .  .   .    *
*  Columbus, OH 43210    |                    .....   ....  .....     *
***********************************************************************