Subject: ECCC Proceedings on CDROM?

From: [email-masked] (Steven Bachrach)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 94 08:27:01 -0500

Hello Chem-netters,

The Scientific Organizing Committee of the Electronic Computational
Chemistry Conference is contemplating publishing the proceedings
of the conference. The option we feel is most suitable is publishing
a CDROM containing the papers and discussions with a web viewer.
Chemical Abstracts is very interested in this idea and is disposed
towards abstracting the papers in the CDROM.

We are interested in getting feedback for the computational community
towards this idea. If the proceedings are to be published in this fashion, 
would that make you more willing (interested) in presenting a paper 
at the conference? Would you be willing to review the papers? Are 
you interested in purchasing the CDROM, assuming the cost is about 
$70 or less? Would you recommend that your library purchase a copy?

Your responses are in no way a commitment to do anything, i.e. just 
because you say you would purchase a CDROM does not mean that we are
expecting you to do that when the CD's become available. 

Respond to the List or directly to me. I am interested in generating 
some discussion on this matter, particularly what people think about
papers published on CDROM.

Thanks

Steve

PS. Information on the Conference can be obtained by 

1) gopher to hackberry.chem.niu.edu port 70

2) WWW to URL:  htpp://hackberry.chem.niu.edu:70/0/ECCCinformation.html

3) anon ftp to hackberry.chem.niu.edu and get /pub/ECCCinformation.txt

Steven Bachrach				
Department of Chemistry
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, Il 60115			Phone: (815)753-6863
[email-masked]			Fax:   (815)753-4802