Subject: Wanted testers for Mac NMR s/w

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 1994 12:42:22 +0100

Dear Netters

If you are interested in beta-testing a program for NMR simulation on the Mac
please read on:

gNMR: (previously avaliable as a DOS package geNMR) is a versatile and
comprehensive NMR simulation package which is also easy to use. Its functions
include:

(1) simulation of one-dimensional NMR spectra of single molecules or mixtures

(2)  iterative calculations so that you may fit calculated to experimental
spectra 

(3) conversion of experimental spectra from various TforeignU file formats
(Bruker, Lybrics, General Electric, Varian, ASCII .....) 

(4) facilities for chemical exchange calculations of the intra- and
inter-molecular type

(5) the option to input chemical formulae from chemistry drawing programs

The program has a very thorough manual. We hope to find a limited number of
volunteers (at most six) to add to our program of beta-testers. If you are
keenly interested to test the package, please give me some indication of your
Mac expertise and of your familiarity with NMR methods. The program is designed
for the Chemist who needs NMR not necessarily the NMR guru. 

Cherwell Scientific is a specialist publisher of scientific software for the
Windows and Mac platforms. We publish programs in chemistry, molecular biology,
genetics, statistics, image processing, and other scientific disciplines. Our
programs are commercially marketed, documented and suppported, with royalties
paid to the developers. The prices are in the region of $200-750.  Your
comments
will be extremely useful to us.  If you are keen to beta-test and we are
unableto include you in the testing cycle - we cannot make the testing
open-ended as the cost of duplicating and shipping manuals is a factor for us -
we will inform you of the packages release date etc in due course.

Thank you for your help and consideration.

Adam Hodgkin
Cherwell Scientific
The Magdalen Centre
Oxford Science Park
Oxford	OX4 4GA
Tel:	44-865-784800
Fax:	44-865-784801
[email-masked]