Subject: DFT programs: add CADPAC & DGauss

From: [email-masked] (Dr. Rene Fournier)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 94 12:20:46 EDT

Dear Hans;

  Maybe you can add CADPAC to the list.  You may enquire about
it by e-mail to Prof. N. Handy, but I'm not sure of the e-mail
adress, I think it is: 

  N. C. Handy    :  [email-masked]

   You should certainly include the Cray software "DGauss" in that list.
If I remember correctly, DGauss is part of the Unichem package but  
it can also be used as a stand-alone program.  It can run on
Silicon Graphics in addition to Cray computers.

    I am using deMon exclusively, so I can not compare with
other programs.  deMon is "reasonably" user-friendly and stable:
these two aspects are not a concern in my day-to-day work.
I can not comment on the speed of the program as I did not
benchmarked it or compared to other programs in any way.

   Cheers,

Rene Fournier
             [email-masked] 
             Steacie Institute for Molecular Sciences, NRC, Ottawa.
             (613) 990 0964