Subject: Biosym Software and SG Indy Computer

From: "Assoc. Prof. Robert A. Shanks" <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Aug 1994 13:25:38 EST-10

I use the Biosym Technologies software for polymers and want to upgrade to a new computer. 
An SG Indigo is too expensive for our budget an it has been suggested that an Indy would be 
suitable. The processor should be sufficient for calculation requirements, but the lack of a 
graphics processor will slow down the screen response. I have been advised that an Indy with 
32Mb RAM and a 1Gb HD will be sufficient.

I would appreciate any CCL members who have used Biosym programs on an Indy sharing their 
experience on this matter before I make the purchase. I plan to ask SG to demonstrate the 
software on an Indy, though only a cursorary demonstration will be possible.

Yours sincerely,
Robert Shanks

__________________________________
Assoc. Prof. Robert A. Shanks
Associate Professor of Polymer Science
Department of Applied Chemistry
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Box 2476V GPO
Melbourne Victoria 3001
Australia
Telephone and Fax +61 3 6602122
__________________________________