Subject: Re: CCL:Scaling MP2(FC) frequencies

From: [email-masked] (Joe Durant)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 1994 07:59:42 -0800 (PDT)

Hi!
> 
> Does anyone have an actual *reference* to the scaling factor (I know it's
> about 0.93) for MP2(FROZEN CORE) frequencies/ZPE's ?

Try D. J. DeFrees and A. D. McLean, JCP vol 82, page 333, 1985.  They 
report a scaling of 0.96 for first row compounds and 0.94 for second
row compounds for MP2/6-31G*.  The paper has alot more to say about using
MP2 frequencies, but it has been awhile since I read it, so I won't
place my foot in my mouth by attempting a summary.

Hope this helps.

Joe
-- 

######################################################################
#  Joe Durant				voice:  (510) 294-3343       #
#  Mail Stop 9055			FAX:    (510) 294-2276       #
#  Sandia National Laboratories		[email-masked]        #
#  Livermore, CA  94551						     #
######################################################################