Subject: C-D/-T bond lengths/energies

From: "Hr Dr. S. Shapiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 13:03:22 +0100 (MET)

Dear Colleagues,

     I have received a lot of inquiries from people wanting to know the re-
sponses to my posting about experimental values for C-D and C-T bond lengths
and bond energies in methyl groups bonded to unhindered alkyl moieties.How-
ever, I have had to disappoint these people because no one has yet bothered
to respond to my query.

     So I will post it once again: does anyone out there have citations to
experimental measurements of carbon-deuterium (C-D) and/or carbon-tritium
(C-T) bond lengths and/or bond energies for alkyl moieties such as -CH3
attached to unhindered alkyl moieties?  If so, kindly reply directly to

                           [email-masked]

     Thanks to all responders in advance.

Sincerely,

S. Shapiro
Institut fuer orale Mikrobiologie
Zentrum fuer Zahn-, Mund- und Kieferheilkunde der Universitaet Zuerich
Plattenstrasse 11
Postfach
CH-8028 Zuerich, Switzerland

Internet: [email-masked]
FAX-nr: ( ... + 1) 261'56'83