Subject: Parallel versions of comp. software

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 1994 15:23:03 +0200

Dear CCL-members,
our computational center at the university plans to buy new hardware
(parallel systems). It want to know from the important users (like
us - the comp. chem. group) what we require for hard- and especially
for software. 
So I have the following question(s):
1. What would you prefer as parallel-hardware for computational questions
   (some workstation as cluster, shared memory systems, distributed
   memory systems, how many processors). We do peptide and protein
   modelling with force field methods.
2. Are there any parallelized versions of the following programs
   available: Gromos, Amber (I know one), MM2P/MM3, Yeti, Mopac, Gamess,
   Turbomole.
3. What hard- and software requirements does this versions need?

Please send answers to [email-masked]
I will compile a list for the net, if there are answers.

Thank you for the help,

H. Schinke

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
=-=                            Heiko Schinke                            =-=
=-=    Martin-Luther-University, Dept. of Biochemistry/Biotechnology    =-=
=-=              P. O. Box 8, D-06099 Halle/Saale, Germany              =-=
=-=                                                                     =-=
=-=     Phone: ++49/345/617242                 FAX: ++49/345/647161     =-=
=-=                                                                     =-=
=-=         E-Mail: [email-masked]            =-=
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=