Subject: wanted: review article comput. chem.

From: "nobody@nowhere" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 12:50:29 --0100

Hi all, 

I would be interested in  recent review literature in computational 
chemistry, which is fairly general in scope (which methods are used to 
calculate which quantity, this sort of thing), perhaps also things of a 
comparative nature (the best we can do for small/large/very large systems). 

The focus is on methods and their range of applicability, not as much 
on differences among implementations and varieties of any given method. 
As my understanding of 'method' and 'implementation' is not likely 
to be uniquely defined, here are some examples: 

examples for methods: DFT, SCF, IGLO, etc...
examples for varieties: pure DFT, hybrid DFT
examples for implementations: direct vs. conventional SCF 
(I know, I know - this is NOT unique - is G2 a method or a variety 
of a family of methods?)

To make the confusion complete: I am interested in questions such 
as "Is DFT a method which can be used if I'm interested in enthalpies 
of formation (of small/large) systems";
I am not interested in questions such as "can I do MP2 frequencies 
for a 20-atom system using a direct algorithm on a workstation". 

I will be glad to summarize to the list, and if this wasn't a 
very good way to put my question, I will be glad to be told why. 

	Thanks,
		Margot