Subject: Terminating the conversation

From: [email-masked] (Reinhard Doelz)

Colleagues, 
Whilst I appreciate that the DIBUG list was and hopefully will become
again a forum of scientific exchange, I have observed the mails which 
showed up during by vacation with some concern. There wasn't only the 
'self-submitting' vacation job which looped (similar event is current-
ly blasting another mailing list I am subscribed to) but these issues
on  BIOSYM documentation with emotional flair really help nothing. It 
might  have been appropriate to state what has been said with a chain 
of examples which  should be a lead to improve, but banging the issue 
over and over again is  in  noone's interest. I thought that it might 
fade out without my interference but seeing it come up again is frus-
trating enough to take action.  

In order to cool  down,   the mail subscription will be stopped until 
September 15, in order to allow for a month's recovery. You will stay 
subscribed but the mail messages will not be forwarded to the members
of the list. 

Please refer from resuming the discussion after September 15. If you
dislike my action I am perfectly prepared to have someone else main-
tain the list but I would request measures  to  have  these  endless 
flame wars stop. 

====================================================================
THIS LIST WILL BE SUSPENDED FROM OPERATION UNTIL SEPTEMBER 15.  BUGS 
AND MESSAGES TO BIOSYM SHOULD BE ADDRESSED, AS BEFORE, TO THE APPRO-
PRIATE BIOSYM EMAIL ADDRESS. WE WILL ALLOW FOR REDISTRIBUTION  AGAIN 
AT SEPTEMBER 15 BUT CLOSE THE LIST ENTIRELY IF FLAME WARS CONTINUE.
==================================================================== 

I apologize for the need to act as  censor in this  situation but we 
have been  operating  DIBUG  voluntarily in the past years, with the 
ambition  to  provide  a  forum of scientific discussion. This is no 
longer the case. Please consider the originators  of  the  emotional 
arguments to be the reason for the trouble, and refer from flaming.  

Regards
Reinhard Doelz
Head, Biocomputing
Biozentrum der Universitaet Basel 

  +---------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
  |    Dr. Reinhard Doelz     | Tel. x41 61 2672247    Fax x41 61 2672078 |
  |      Biocomputing         | electronic Mail       [email-masked] |
  |Biozentrum der Universitaet+-------------------------------------------+
  |   Klingelbergstrasse 70   | EMBnet               [email-masked] |
  |CH 4056 Basel  SWITZERLAND | Switzerland       gopher.embnet.unibas.ch |
  +---------------------------+------------- http://beta.embnet.unibas.ch/
____________________________________________________________________________
    The following information is automatically appended by the mailer. 
   This list is called [email-masked] and covers the Discover,
   Insight and Biosym products User group. Mail (un)subscribe messages to 
[email-masked], other to [email-masked]
  The archive is available on bioftp.unibas.ch as FTP and GOPHER service.

* UU  UU                SOARING BEAR                   *
* UU  UU          Computer Aided Drug Design           *
* UU  UU A   University of Arizona, New Pharmacy 404   *
*  UUUU AAA    Tucson, AZ 85721       602-626-6133     *
*      AA AA         where the sun shines              *
*     AAAAAAA                                          *
*    AA     AA e-mail:[email-masked] *