Subject: RE: CCL:Linus Pauling

From: ROBERT LIPNICK 202-260-1274 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 1994 08:44:00 -0400 (EDT)

I recall the same kind of response from Linus Pauling on a TV 
          interview (I think it was PBS). He was asked how he had so many 
          good ideas and said something like I start out with a very large 
          number of ideas and throw away the ones that are not so good. 
          Several years ago I was a participant in arranging for a short 
          "living history" videotape of him by the Wood Library Museum of 
          Anesthesiology in which he was interviewed about the clathrate 
          theory of anesthesia that he had proposed.
          
          +-----------------------------EPA---------------------------+
          | US Environmental Protection Agency                        |
          | Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (Mailstop 7403) |
          | 401 M Street, SW, Washington, DC 20460 USA                |
          | TEL: 202-260-1274; FAX: 202-260-1236 or 202-260-1283      |
          | EMAIL: [email-masked]                     |
          | Robert L. Lipnick, Ph.D., Senior Chemist (QSAR-Toxicology)|
          +----------------------------EPA----------------------------+