Subject: LogP

From: Hodgkin, Ed
Date: Fri, Aug 26, 1994 8:43 AM

Pau

I'm also interested in logP calculation. Can you post a summary of replies to
the CCL please?

Edward Hodgkin
Wyeth Research (UK) Ltd
[email-masked]
=============================================================

Hello Pau,

A good commercial PC program for calculating log P  is available from

CheMicro Ltd
Hegedus Gy. u. 6.
H-1136 Budapest
Hungary
phone: (+36-1)-131 3847
fax:   (+36-1)-132 9330

best wishes

                                        Tamas

*****************************************************************************
     Tamas E. Gunda                      phone: (+36-52) 316666 ext 2479
     Research Group of Antibiotics       fax  : (+36-52) 310936
     L. Kossuth University               e-mail: [email-masked]
     POBox 36                                    [email-masked]
     H-4010 Debrecen
     Hungary
*****************************************************************************
=============================================================

Dear Dr. Ballester;

     CompuDrug Chemistry, Ltd. markets a pretty good Windows-based programme
called "PrologP 5.0" which enables you to estimate log P values for organic
molecules from input structural information.  For more information, contact:

                 Dr. Zoltan Bencz, Marketing Director
                 CompuDrug Chemistry, Ltd.
                 Fuerst Sandor utca 5
                 H-1136 Budapest, Hungary

                 Internet: [email-masked] or [email-masked]
                 FAX-nr: (0036 1) 132-2574

Dr. Bencz is most helpful and fluent in English.  Needless to say, PrologP
5.0 is also in English.  The programme is relatively simple and straightfor-
ward, doesn't require VAX or other expensive, high-power computers/work sta-
tions, and you can learn how to use it rather quickly without the assistance
of a couple of Ph.D. computational chemists standing behind you.  What more
can you ask for?

Best regards,

(Dr.) S. Shapiro
Institute fuer orale Mikrobiologie und allgemeine Immunologie
Zentrum fuer Zahn-, Mund-, und Kieferheilkunde der Universitaet Zuerich
Plattenstrasse 11
Postfach
CH-8028 Zuerich, Switzerland

Internet: [email-masked]
FAX-nr: (0041 1) 261'56'83
=============================================================

Try CHEMICALC-2 from QCPE.  Available in PC and VAX (?) versions

  Stephen B. Bowlus, Ph.D.                Computer-Aided Molecular Design
                                          Research Division
  e-mail: [email-masked]               Sandoz Agro, Inc.
  Phone:  + 1 415 354 3904                975 California Ave.
  Fax:    + 1 415 857 1125                Palo Alto, CA 94304
=============================================================