

I have used  Hyperchem and chemplus to do LogP calculation of organic
compounds and the agreement is quite good. Chemplus  is a program that
runs under Hyperchem  Autodesk use to market Hyperchem but now is market
directly from Hypercube from Canada.

With my best regars

Carlos
=============================================================

>       Does anybody know of some program or utility to calculate logP
> values for organic compounds. Please E-mail directly to me.
>

I sell a program called MOLGEN which calculates log(p), also,
distribution on surface or in a plane of the molecule.  The latter
calculation is displayable/plottable as a color gradient depiction.  It
can also calculate conformationally/temperature dependency with respect
to log(p).  Henry's constant is being added shortly.

The program is also a full-featured 3-D modelling program and database
with MM2, etc.  There is a demo on ccl.net in
/pub/chemistry/software/MS-DOS/MOLGEN-demo.  Please let me know if I can
be of further assistance.

PS:  I have also used LOGKOW from Syracuse Research, an excellent
program, but lacks the feature set in Molgen.

Eric

_____________________________________________________________________
 J. Eric Slone                         Scientific Consulting Services
                                       Serving Government & Industry Since 1982
 Internet:   [email-masked]
 Compuserve: 73757,2776                "True science teaches, above all, to
 Fax:        (703) 751-6639             doubt, and to be ignorant."
 Voice:      (703) 461-7078                               Miguel do Unamuno
______________________________________________________________________
=============================================================