Subject: Crystal structure for alginic acid

From: [email-masked] (Jeffrey L. Nauss)
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 1994 18:46:47 -0400

Would anyone have, or know where to obtain, a set of coordinates for
alginic acid, poly-beta-D-mannuronic acid, and/or
poly-alpha-L-guluronic acid?  These structures were reported by Atkins
et al. in Biopolymers, vol 12, pages 1865 and 1879 (1973).  However,
the coordinates do not appear to be in either the Brookhaven or
Cambridge data banks.

Thank you.

						Jeff Nauss

****************************************************************************
*  UU    UU             Jeffrey L. Nauss, PhD                              *
*  UU    UU             Director, Molecular Modeling Services              *
*  UU    UU             Department of Chemistry                            *
*  UU    UU CCCCCCC     University of Cincinnati                           *
*   UU  UU CCCCCCCC     Cincinnati, OH 45221-0172                          *
*    UUUU CC                                                               *
*         CC            Telephone: 513-556-0148    Fax: 513-556-9239       *
*         CC                                                               *
*          CCCCCCCC     e-mail: [email-masked]                    *
*           CCCCCCC                                                        *
****************************************************************************