Subject: DISCOVER with AMBER params.

From: "Robert F. Setlik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 11:45:23 -0400

Hi netters,

Recently, there have been a few papers which describe work using DISCOVER
with AMBER parameters for energy minimization and MD:

MD:

Fritsch and Wolf, J. Biomol. Str. Dyn., 11(6), 1161-1174 (1994)

EM/structural refinement:

Chou et al., J. Mol. Biol., 241, 467-479 (1994).

Both of these papers deal with nucleic acid structural biology.  I am
curious as to whether any tests have been done to show that if you use AMBER
parameters on DISCOVER, you indeed get answers that are the same as if
you had used the actual AMBER programs.  Any references would be helpful.

Cheers,

Rob Setlik
Biophysics Dept.
Roswell Park Cancer Inst.
Elm and Carlton Streets
Buffalo, N.Y. 14263