Subject: helix formation

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 94 18:27:36 EDT

dear friends,
           hallo!
               As you know the mechanism for helix formations in
 proteins (of all kinds globular or membrane ) is a subject of
 immense theoretical & experimental research. I request you to
 send me reference (recent ones prefered ) for this kind of work.
  this may include mathematical &  statistical analysis of protein
  crystal strucures containing the alpha helices. The studies on
  the propensities of different amino acids to occurr in helical
  conformations, the inherent tendencies of a.a. to adopt helical
  conformation over the random coil or beta sheet conformation.
    The prediction of protein conformations for sequence.
    Analysis of helices in proteins e.g. geomatrical shape of 
    the helix viz curved, linear or irregular. Methods for such 
    analysis.

           theorectical methodes to study the helices in general.

      the amino acid propensities for membrane helices.

                please post your reply to CCL or

        directly to me at 

                [email-masked]

              I will post a summary of the references on this
      important topic to the CCL if i get enough response.

              Application of ab initio & semi empirical methods
        to study this problem is something not very visible in
        litrature. I will be thankful to any body who sends
         me references on this topic.

                                   yours' cordially
                                 Sandeep Kumar,
                                     MBU, IISc.
                                  Bangalore, INDIA.