Subject: Re: CCL:structures pro-dna systems

From: [email-masked] (Jeffrey L. Nauss)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 10:41:51 -0400

>From: Tom Connor Bishop <[email-masked]>

>i'm trying to compile a list 
>
>of structures which are known
>that contain both protein and DNA elements.
>(i.e pro-DNA binding)

I suggest you contact the Nucleic Acid Database at Rutgers University.
The email address for the administrator is
[email-masked].  To get started send a message to
[email-masked] with the subject containing "send access
>from newsletter".  The subject line must be exactly as written.

The NDB is also accessible via WWW.  The URL to use in Mosaic is
http://ndbserver.rutgers.edu:80.

Gopher access is through ndbgopher.rutgers.edu, port 70.

>a ref. to a review of 
>
>known protein-DNA x-ray crystal 

Try "Structural Studies of Protein-Nucleic Acid Interaction" by Thomas
A. Steitz.  it is published by Cambridge University Press.
						Jeff Nauss

****************************************************************************
*  UU    UU             Jeffrey L. Nauss, PhD                              *
*  UU    UU             Director, Molecular Modeling Services              *
*  UU    UU             Department of Chemistry                            *
*  UU    UU CCCCCCC     University of Cincinnati                           *
*   UU  UU CCCCCCCC     Cincinnati, OH 45221-0172                          *
*    UUUU CC                                                               *
*         CC            Telephone: 513-556-0148    Fax: 513-556-9239       *
*         CC                                                               *
*          CCCCCCCC     e-mail: [email-masked]                    *
*           CCCCCCC                                                        *
****************************************************************************