Subject: Re: CCL:structures pro-dna systems

From: [email-masked] (Jeffrey L. Nauss)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 10:41:51 -0400

>From: Tom Connor Bishop <[email-masked]>

>i'm trying to compile a list 
>
>of structures which are known
>that contain both protein and DNA elements.
>(i.e pro-DNA binding)

I suggest you contact the Nucleic Acid Database at Rutgers University.
The email address for the administrator is
[email-masked].  To get started send a message to
[email-masked] with the subject containing "send access
from newsletter".  The subject line must be exactly as written.

The NDB is also accessible via WWW.  The URL to use in Mosaic is
http://ndbserver.rutgers.edu:80.

Gopher access is through ndbgopher.rutgers.edu, port 70.

>a ref. to a review of 
>
>known protein-DNA x-ray crystal 

Try "Structural Studies of Protein-Nucleic Acid Interaction" by Thomas
A. Steitz.  it is published by Cambridge University Press.
						Jeff Nauss

****************************************************************************
*  UU    UU             Jeffrey L. Nauss, PhD                              *
*  UU    UU             Director, Molecular Modeling Services              *
*  UU    UU             Department of Chemistry                            *
*  UU    UU CCCCCCC     University of Cincinnati                           *
*   UU  UU CCCCCCCC     Cincinnati, OH 45221-0172                          *
*    UUUU CC                                                               *
*         CC            Telephone: 513-556-0148    Fax: 513-556-9239       *
*         CC                                                               *
*          CCCCCCCC     e-mail: [email-masked]                    *
*           CCCCCCC                                                        *
****************************************************************************