Subject: Pairwise Potential for Alkaline Earth Oxides

From: "Keith Ball" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 94 21:46:33 CDT

Dear Netters,

I am interested in finding out any references to MD/MC simulation work
on Alkaline-Earth Oxides (especially CaO) and/or other II-VI compounds.
In specific, I would like references to papers that discuss the best/most
recent potentials to use for simulating the dynamics of the "ion" interactions
(this assumes the model treats M and O in MO systems as ions (say M++ O--)

Also greatly appreciated would be experimental/theoretical papers that attempt
to shed light on how to model these compounds as accurately with classical
potentials (two-body, three-body, etc. interactions).

I will post a summary of replies I receive. Please e-mail to 
[email-masked]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Keith Ball             \ | /    "Afraid nobody around here
Dept. of Physics       /\|/\     Comprehends my potato...
U. of Chicago          \/|\/     I guess I'm only a spudboy
[email-masked]    / | \     Looking for a real tomato."  -- Devo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------