Subject: http://www.nih.gov/molecular_modeling/mmhome.html

From: [email-masked] (Rzepa,Henry) (Rzepa,Henry)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 19:44:34 +0100

During the summer, a number of chemical WWW sites have been actively
preparing some fascinating
materials for instructional and research use. These have been splendidly
collected at the NIH,
with pointers to some of the other sites. I highly recommend a browse
through this
material. Already, I believe it has enough "critical mass" to be useful in
various chemistry
courses. Image if the material increases ten fold or more, and most
importantly has some
form of quality assessment applied, how all of our teaching might change!

I intend, if I have time, to incorporate some of this into the WWW94
presentation I
will make at Chicago, to try to persuade the rest of the world, and any
funding agencies
listening, that the chemical Web is starting to mature, and to produce
heavyweight
material that no-one can afford to ignore.

Again, anyone who knows of as yet unadvertised or unknown sources of good
material,
please send the URLs to me or the other coordinators of this stuff so that
we can all
share it.

Dr Henry Rzepa, Dept. Chemistry, Imperial College, LONDON SW7 2AY;
[email-masked] via Eudora 2.03, Tel  (44) 171 594 5774 or 594 5809. Fax:
(44) 171 594 5804
World-Wide-Web URL: http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html