Subject: CCL:please stop!

From: Robert_Topper <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 1994 18:39:20 -0400

I'm sorry that my comments were so thoroughly misunderstood
my so many subscribers...but especially, that Dan misunderstood.
All I really meant to do was lure the students away from a
research-oriented forum (Computational Chemistry List) and
towards an education-oriented forum that I field questions in
(Newton). I thought that this would be for everyone's benefit,
especially Dan's. I also think he's a bright individual. 
Ultimately, though, there are lots of appropriate places 
on the Internet for high-school students to ask scientists 
about chemistry (I believe several were suggested already),
but the CCL is not one of them.

I have corresponded personally with Dan, and I think that he & I
have reached a friendly understanding...I volunteered to work with
him, his friends, and his teachers, to help them with any chemistry-
related problems that I could. So I hope that this will be the
last note to CCL on this matter, and we can get back to...
C vs FORTRAN! (JUST KIDDING)

Best to all,
rqt

************************************************************************
 Prof. Robert Q. Topper               internet:   [email-masked]
 Department of Chemistry              phone:      (212) 353-4378
 The Cooper Union                     FAX:        (212) 353-4341 
 Cooper Square                        subway:     take the N/R to 8th/NYU 
 New York, NY 10003 USA                           or the 6 to Astor Place

 The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, established 
 by Peter Cooper in 1859, is a private institution of higher learning 
 where all students receive full-tuition scholarships.                 
************************************************************************