Subject: BS/MS Computational Chemists?

From: "Bill Laidig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 1994 11:07:23 -0400

All,

I was wondering if there are any resources on the Internet for locating BS/MS
chemists interested in computational chemistry? I have periodically looked
through the positions.offered and positions.wanted files on
www.ccl.net, but these are almost always by and for Ph.D.'s. I don't
know if any other readers of CCL are in the same situation, but our
computational chemists typically hire BS level scientists (chemists, physicists
or computational people) as Research Associates (BTW - I am currently looking
to hire a BS chemist). After training such people do a lot of our day to day
research: they run jobs (in my case usually G92 or CHARMm), process data
using PC/Mac software such as Excel, assist in interpreting the data, etc.
Unfortunately, the RA's we select usually know next to nothing about
computational chemistry. This means that training is a lengthy process and we
have a 6 mo. - 1 yr. minimum period where these people make little
contributions. What I would like is to be able to find individuals who have
some molecular modeling background and/or are eager to work in this area.

I will summarize to the list if I get any replies about such resources.

                                                               Thanks,
                                                               Bill Laidig

-- 
******************************************************************************
*    "Like jewels in a crown, the precious stones glittered in the queen's   *
*     round metal hat." - Jack Handey                                        *
*                                                                            *
*     Bill Laidig                                                            *
*     The Procter & Gamble Co.             tel 513-627-2857 fax - 1233       *
*     Miami Valley Laboratories            [email-masked] (preferred)         *
*     P.O. Box 398707                      [email-masked]                   *
*     Cincinnati, OH 45239-8707            [email-masked]                *
******************************************************************************