Subject: Thomas equation?

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 1994 23:19:18 -0400

Posting to the list for Prof. Yi-Tian Gao <[email-masked]>

***************************************************************************
  SUBJECT:  ION-EXCHANGE
                        Please directly reply to: [email-masked]
***************************************************************************

Dear Chemists:
I post this question to request your help.

50 years ago, H. C. Thomas published a paper titled ``Heterogeneous Ion
Exchange in a Flowing System'', J. Amer. Chem. Soc., Volume 66 (1944) 1664-
1666.  On the Thomas equation, the most recent paper we have seen is R. R.
Rosales, Stud. Appl. Math., Volume 59 (1978), 117-151.
   The Thomas equation is mathematically interesting to my wife (Bo Tian,
an associate professor of computer sciences at Lanzhou University).
   Could you kindly give us some information on the chemical developments
or changes on top of the Thomas theory since 1978?  A few words of comments
or a small list of reference papers would be just wonderful.
   Thank you a million.
                            Yi-Tian Gao
                            Professor of Physics, Lanzhou University

P.S.  I am not able to become subscribed to the list.
      Please *directly* reply to  [email-masked]