Subject: Re: CCL:please stop!

From: "Lynn E. Brower" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 08:53:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 23 Sep 1994, The Man wrote:

> Dear listserv members:
[part of entry deleted]
> 
> Thank you all for reading all of my gibberish. I sincerely hope nobody
> took anything that I said the wrong way. I did not mean to offend anyone's 
> intlligence by asking a question that was too simple. I have always been 
> taught that there are no stupid questions. That is why I felt comfortable
> asking all of you a simple one. That is, until now. I feel that I have learned
> that there ARE some stupid questions, and I just asked two of them. I am 
> thankful to those who mailed me responses, and I hope that those people 
> will agree with me (at least a little bit) that this listserv is a very
> valuable learning tool. You just discouraged another young chemist from 
> learning what you all already know and take for granted.
> 
> I am sorry I wasted your time. 
> 
> Dan
> 
> [email-masked]
> 
My time was not wasted and I shall use some more bandwidth to reply to 
the above paragraph. You have been taught correctly, there are no stupid 
questions. There are questions with simple answers or difficult answers. 
Do not stop asking questions on the net or in class and do not be stopped 
by people who would imply that your questions are stupid.

It is clear from your message that you understand the power of the 
network as a source of information and you are learning how to navigate. 
All of us here have to learn where the proper connection for our 
questions exists on the net. Remember the responses you have received and 
the locations for new information connections. And when the time comes 
share your knowledge with another newcomer and point them, gently with 
respect, to the right connection.

Lynn

replies and comments direct to [email-masked] only. thank you