Subject: Gaussian92 run time problem under AIX 3.2.5

From: Fred Criscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 06:39:02 -7178624 (PDT)

We are running Gaissian92 on a RS/6000 Model 590 under AIX 3.2.5.  One
of the users here is unable to complete his runs because his integral 
storage file is attempting to exceed the 2GB file size limit imposed
by AIX 3.2.  According to this user, his model consists of 250 basis
functions and he is already using direct SCF.  I have investigated 
upgarding our systems to AIX 4.1 to get around this limitation.  Unfortunately,
while AIX 4.1 allows filesystems to exceed 2GB, it still imposes a 2GB
limit on individual files.  I would like to get some input on how other
AIX users are resolving this issue.  Is there anyway to specify more than
one integral file?  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, is there a PVM (or similar) based version of Gaussian92 available?

Thanks.

Fred

Fred Criscuolo
Chemistry and Biochemistry                 voice: (619) 622-4113
Gensia, Inc.                                 fax: (619) 625-4516
[email-masked]
                                      
                                  O       "There's more to life than rowing.. 
                                  /--/       But not much."          
        _________________________//|/_______________________
        \__________________________/_______________________/         
~~~~~~~~~ San Diego Rowing Club   /  est. 1888              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                 /
                                /