Subject: helical wheel plots,

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 94 23:25:03 EST

Hi Friends!
         About two-three days back i wrote to CCL asking for program
to plot helical wheel diagram given the sequence of an alpha helix.
One of the possible sources seems to be GCG package. However, as far
as i know this package does not have a program to straightaway take
the sequence and plot helical wheel. I am checking the point with 
GCG people.
       Meanwhile I have written a very simple fortran program
 to do my job. I generate the coordinates from an arbit point
 giving it rotations of 100 degrees at each successive points.
  These coordinates can then be visualized in any graphics program
e.g. DTMM.
          I have no problems to send the code if anybody requires
it. 
         I thank Jie yuan, Bernard pabsch, Tom Coonor, Shoba
         ranganathan, Dave elrod, Alex. Tropsha for their prompt
 responses
                           
                     sandeep kumar