Subject: Postdoctoral Position

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 1994 16:25:34 -0500 (CDT)

The Molecular Modeling group of the Department of Structural Biology
at Abbott Laboratories has a postdoctoral position available immediately.  The
position requires a creative individual with a recent Ph.D. in Chemistry, or
a related field.  The position will involve research on ligand-protein
interactions and the development of new methods to aid in drug discovery.

        The successful candidate will work independently and will have the 
opportunity to collaborate with the various therapeutic areas at Abbott
Laboratories.  Knowledge of the full-range of molecular modeling tools for the
modeling and simulation of ligands and proteins is highly desired.  A good
knowledge of organic chemistry, or biophysics, is preferred.

        To apply, send curriculum vitae to:   Charles Hutchins, Abbott
Laboratories, D46Y-AP9A, Abbott Park, IL   60064

        Abbott Laboratories is a world-wide leader in the development of new
diagnostic methods and pharmaceutical agents.  We are located in the fastest
growing county in Illinois about 30 miles north of Chicago, affording 
lifestyles and cultural attractions ranging from the rural to those of
downtown Chicago.