Subject: COMP Future Symposia

From: George R Famini <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 94 22:02:22 EDT

Hello All:

As the Program Chair for the Division of Computers in Chemistry (COMP)
for the American Chemical Society (this'll be the last time I type
all that out), I sent out a request about 3 months ago asking for
ideas for symposia for upcoming ACS meetings.  Well, I received about
20 ideas, and even a number of people who volunteered to organize
some of them.  To both those who suggested ideas and to those who 
"volunteered", I would like to publicly offer my thanks.

However, now to the meat of this message.  Below is the list of 
"unchaired" symposia that we (the executive committee) would like to
see at future ACS meetings.  As you can see, the list is quite diverse,
although in every case the central theme of COMP is maintained.  If you
are interested (or even think you are) please contact me.  This is the
list that will appear in C&E News in December under "Future Symposia".
Watch this list over the next couple of days for a list of what has
already been scheduled for Chicago, New Orleans, Boston and San Francisco.
I am still looking for symposia chairs for New Orleans (1 or 2 more
would be ideal), Boston and SF.  Abstracts for Anaheim are due in the end
of this month, so I should have a complete Anaheim schedule by early
November.

					George Famini
					COMP Program Chair

Program Chair:  George R. Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood Research, 
Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI , Aberdeen Proving 
Ground, MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  
[email-masked].

The following listing represents planned symposia that either do not have an 
organizer identified, or are still in the preliminary stages and have not been 
assigned to a meeting.  If you are interested in organizing a symposium, 
either one listed here, or another symposium that fits into the purview of 
COMP, please do not hesitate to contact the Program Chair, or any member 
of the COMP Executive Committee.

Future Symposia:

  Use of Networked Clusters in Computational Chemistry
  Software and Hardware Techniques for Various Computer Platforms
  Molecular Shapes/Privileged Structures in Molecular Recognition
  Model/Method Validation
  Virtual Reality in Molecular Modeling
  Atmospheric Modeling
  Simulation in Materials Research
  Nontraditional Modeling
  Frugal Chemists Software
  Physical/Chemical Property Prediction
  Pharmacophore Identification
  Recent Developments in Molecular Dynamics and Free Energy Pertubation
  New Methods in Databasing
  De Novo Drug Design
  Structure, Dynamics and Energetics of Saccharides
  Molecular Modeling of Nucleic Acids