Subject: CCL: Calling FORTRAN FUNCTIONS from a C-Program.

From: Srinivasan Srivilliputhur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 15:07:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Netters-
My molecular dynamics code, in C, involves lot of calls to the C-Functions 
pow(), exp() and sqrt(). I was told that corresponding FORTRAN calls are 
cheaper. Is this true ? If so can any of you knowledgeable souls mail me 
the procedure to call FORTRAN functions from within a C-Program. I run my 
code on DEC-5000/200, SPARC-10 workstations and Intel-Paragon Parallel 
Computer. General tips about calling FORTRAN from C will be particularly 
useful as we have tons of FORTRAN code out in the cyber space !

I'll summarize if there is sufficient interest. Thanks for your time.

-Srini

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S. G. Srinivasan		email : [email-masked]
Graduate Student
Dept. Of Mater. Sci. & Engg.
University Of Washington	Phone : (206)-633-1757 (H)
Seattle, WA 98195			(206)-685-3851 (W)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------