Subject: Amber <=> CHARMM

From: Barry Hardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 94 11:27:59 +0100

CCLers,
Last week I posted the following query:

    Can anyone suggest a program/tool that can convert CHARMM input
files (coordinates, parameters, topology) to Amber and vice-versa?
If not, what is the most efficient work-around?
    Respond to me & I'll summarize. 

Dave Case posted the only reply - an interesting and helpful one -
to CCL on recent work of his on adding code to Amber to
enable the calculation of a CHARMM-type force field. 
(Dave if you are reading this I would be interested in the scripts
you mentioned.)

To obtain further information, perhaps I could be allowed to rephrase
the above question by separating out the parameter issue:

Can anyone suggest a program/tool that can convert CHARMM coordinate and
topology files to Amber and vice-versa?
If not, what is the most efficient work-around?
Respond to me & I'll summarize.

Barry J. Hardy