Subject: Spectrometers giveaway

From: Walter Bauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 94 14:37:43 MET

Dr. Walter Bauer
Institute of Organic Chemistry
NMR laboratory
University of Erlangen-Nuernberg
Henkestrasse 42
D-91054 Erlangen
Germany
Phone: +49-9131-852987
FAX:   +49-9131-859132
e-mail: [email-masked]

						Erlangen, October 12, 1994

Dear netters:

in the early 1994 we replaced two of our old NMR spectrometers by new ones.
The old instruments are no longer in use and may principally given away
to anyone who's interested. Both of these spectrometers have been
in use until their replacement and worked at their full specifications.
Here's a detailed description of the hardware.

Spectrometer 1:

JEOL C60HL, 60 MHz, electro magnet, CW operation, year of construction: 1973,
measurable nucleus = 1H, facilities of 31P CW or noise decoupling,
internal and external lock, field or frequency sweep. The magnet is 
integrated into the spectrometer console.
Weight of spectrometer: 1,200 kg; water conditioner: ca. 50 kg

Spectrometer 2:

JEOL PS100, 100MHz, electro magnet, year of construction: 1973,
probeheads for: 1H/19F, 13C, 31P, 7Li, 11B, 14N, CW or FT operation, inter-
nal lock, field or frequency sweep for CW operation. External FT unit
with usual frequency synthesizer, time sharing unit, BB decoupler, power amp 
etc. Pulse programmer for single pulse and T1 measurement (inversion
recovery). 
The original data processing unit (Texas instruments 980A computer
with attachments) has turned out to be highly prone to failure. Thus,
a home built data acquisition hardware unit for PC operation (386 up) has
been used in conjunction with the FELIX software program package and
home written data acquisition software.
Weights: magnet 2,700 kg, spectrometer console 450 kg, FT unit 150 kg,
water conditioner 80 kg.

These two spectrometers may be given away FREE OF CHARGE, preferrably
as whole entities. The only requirements will be that they are picked up
by the customer at our institute, with any shipping costs payed by the
customer.  Likewise, any transportation facilities must be provided
by the customer.

Anyone who's interested should contact me as soon as possible.
Note that all external leads of the specrometers are dismounted. Some basic
knowledge of electronics might be useful for re-assemly. A variety
of electronical and mechanical replacement parts is available as well.
Complete wiring diagrams and manuals are provided for both instruments.

						Walter Bauer