Subject: COMP Symposia for Chicago and Beyond

From: George R Famini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 94 7:05:07 EDT

Hello Again,

I would like to thank everyone who contacted me as a result of my
plea for symposium organizers for upcoming ACS meetings.  The feedback
and offers of help were phenomenal, and well appreciated.  As a result,
COMP (that's the Division of Computers in Chemistry for the uninitiated)
now has pretty much a full slate of symposia scheduled through
San Francisco (SF is still a bit weak, and could use a couple more).
However, I would like to stress that if you come up with an idea for
a symposium, and would like to organize it, please contact me, we can
work it in to everyone's satisfaction.  

Because of the response, a number of people offered to organize the
same symposium.  In most cases, I either (a) suggested co-organizers
or (b) suggested alternate symposia to organize.  I have tried to contact
everyone, but may have missed some due to the flood of responses.  If
I did, I offer my sincere apologies, and ask any that fit in that
category to consider option (b) above.  We can discuss applicable 
topics, and pursuant to the paragraph above, an appropriate meeting.

I enclose in this message COMP's programmed symposia through 
San Francisco.  This is the same list (more or less) that will appear
in C&E News in December.  Again, the response of the readers of this
list have been nothing short of tremendous.  (I know most of us
really appreciate the CCL, Jan, and many of us have said so in the
past.  But the CCL REALLY has made my job as COMP Program Chair
much easier. Again, thanks.)

					George R. Famini
					COMP Program Chair

American Chemical Society
Computers in Chemistry Division
Chicago Meeting, August 20-24  1995

Program Chair:  George R. Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood Research, 
Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI, Aberdeen Proving 
Ground, MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  
[email-masked].

Four (4) copies of 150-word abstract (Original on ACS Abstract Form) are due 
by April 19, 1995 to respective session or symposium chairpersons.

Computation in NMR Spectroscopy: Data Collection, Processing, 
Analysis, Refinement and Display - Dr. Mary Baum, Merck Research 
Laboratories,PO Box 2000, R50SW Rahway, NJ 07065-0900;  Voice:(908)594-
6301; Fax: (908)594-1530; email: [email-masked]; Dr. Robert von 
Tersch, U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Chemical Defense, 
	Commander, USAMRICD,  ATTN:SGRD-UV-PB/CPT R. L. von Tersch, 
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21010-5425; Voice:  (410)671-1309; fax: (410)671-
1960 ; email:  [email-masked].

QSAR and Related Techniques - Dr. George R. Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood 
Research, Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI, Aberdeen Proving 
Ground, MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  
[email-masked].

Force Fields:  Metholodogy and Parameterization - Dr. Kenneth 
Lipkowitz, Indiana University Purdue University, Indianapolis 46202; voice:  
(317)274-6883; email:  [email-masked].

New Parameters in Semi-Empirical Molecular Oribatal Theory -  Dr. 
John McKelvey, Research Labs, Eastman-Kodak Co., Rochester, NY, 14650; 
Voice:  (716)477-3335; email:   [email-masked].
.
Homology Model Building and Docking -  Dr. Jeffrey Blaney,  Chiron 
Corporation, Emeryville, CA 94608; voice:  (510)601-3313; fax:  (510)601-3360; 
email:  [email-masked].

Chemistry on the Infobahn - Dr. Thomas Pierce, Rohm and Haas Co. P.O. 
Box 219 Bristol, PA 19007; Voice: (215) 785-8989; FAX (215) 781-4204; email:  
[email-masked], Steven Bachrach, Department of Chemistry, Northern 
Illinois University, DeKalb, Il 60115;voice: (815)753-6863; Fax:   (815)753-4802; 
email:  [email-masked], Dr Henry Rzepa, Dept. Chemistry, Imperial 
College, LONDON SW7 2AY; voice:  (44) 171 594 5774 or 594 5809. Fax:  (44) 
171 594 5804; email:  [email-masked] via Eudora 2.03, World-Wide-Web URL: 
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html.

The Collaboratory- Dr. Douglas Smith, Concurrent Technologies Corporation, 
1450 Scalp Avenue, Johnstown, PA 15904;  voice:  (814) 269-2545;  fax:  
(814)269-2798;  email:  [email-masked]

Bioinformatics -  Dr. Michael Liebman, Amoco Technology Group, Amoco 
Research Center, Mail Code F-2, Warrenville Rd and Mill St, Box 3011,  
Naperville, IL  60566; voice: (708) 961-7850; fax:  (708) 420-3845; email:  
[email-masked].
 
Computational Evaluation of the Synthetic Feasibility of Compounds - 
Yvonne Martin,Computer Assisted Molecular Design Project, D-47E, AP9A-LL, 
Abbott Laboratories,  One Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064,voice: (708) 
937-5362fax: 708 937-2625; email: [email-masked].

General Computational Chemistry - Poster and/or Oral Sessions - Dr. 
George R. Famini, US Army Edgewood Research, Development and Engineering 
Center, SCBRD-ASI, APG, MD 21010; voice:   410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-
2014; email:  [email-masked].

American Chemical Society
Computers in Chemistry Division
New Orleans Meeting, April 1996

Program Chair:  George R. Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood Research, 
Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI , Aberdeen Proving 
Ground, MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  
[email-masked].

Four (4) copies of 150-word abstract (Original on ACS Abstract Form) are due 
by October 28, 1995  to respective session or symposium chairpersons.

Molecular Modeling Applications to Environmental Problems -  Dr. 
James Rabinowitz, USEPA, HERL, MD-68, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711; 
voice:  (919)541-5714; fax:  (919)541-0694; email:  [email-masked].

Semi-Empirical Molecular Orbital Methods:  Is There a Future? - Dr. 
Andrew J. Holder, Department of Chemistry, University of Missouri, Kansas 
City, MO 64110; voice:  (816)235-2293; email:  [email-masked].

Computational Chemistry Assisted Drug Discovery - Dr. James 
Damewood, Zeneca Pharmaceuticals, Department of Medicinal/Structural 
Chemistry, 1800 Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE 19897; voice:  (302)886-5792; 
email:  [email-masked].

Application of Object Oriented Programming Methodology to 
Computing in Chemistry - Dr. Dennis J. Gerson, IBM Consulting Group, 
1507 LBJ Freeway MS/160601, Dallas, TX 75234; Voice: (214)280-1425; fax:  
(214)280-1486:  email:  [email-masked].  Dr. Kevin Cross, Chemical 
Abstracts Service, 2540 Olentangy River Road, P.O. Box 3012, Columbus, OH 
43210; voice:  (614)447-3600 ext. 3192; fax:  (614)447-3750; email [email-masked].

Monte Carlo Methods in Chemistry -  Dr. Brian L. Hammond, 
Computational Research Div,Fujitsu America, Inc., 3055 Orchard Drive, San 
Jose, CA  95134; voice:  (408) 456-7322;  email: [email-masked].

Global Energy Minimization and Protein Folding- Dr. Ruth Pachter, 
WL/MLPJ, Building 651,WPAFB, OH 45433-7702; voice:  (513)255-6671 ext 
3158; email:  [email-masked].
 
Simulations in Materials Research - Dr, Steve Cook, Air Products and 
Chemicals, Inc, 7201 Hamilton Blvd., Allentown, PA 18195; voice:  (610)481-
2135; fax:  (610)481-2446; email:  [email-masked].
 
Physical/Chemical Property Prediction - Dr. Lionel Carreira, Department 
of Chemistry, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602; voice :   (706) 542-2050 
or 2051; fax:   (706) 542-9454; email:  [email-masked].
 
Frugal Chemists Software - Dr. Charles James, Department of Chemistry, 
University of North Carolina at Asheville, Ashevilee, NC 28804; voice (704)251-
6443; fax:  (704)251-6041; email:  [email-masked].
 
Experimental Design for Chemical Models - Dr. Karen Rappaport, Hoechst-
Celanese, 96 Morris Ave, Summitt, NJ 07901; voice:  (908)522-7868; fax:  
(908)522-3913;  email:  [email-masked].
 
New Methods in Databasing - Dr. Scott Kahn,Molecular Simulations, Inc, 
555 Oakmead Parkway, Sunnvale, CA 94086;  voice:  (408)522-0100; fax:  
(408)522-0199; email:  [email-masked].

General Computational Chemistry - Poster and/or Oral Sessions - Dr. 
George R. Famini, US Army Edgewood Research, Development and Engineering 
Center, SCBRD-ASI, APG, MD 21010; voice:   410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-
2014; email:  [email-masked].

American Chemical Society
Computers in Chemistry Division
Boston Meeting, August 18-23, 1996

Program Chair:  George R. Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood Research, 
Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI, Aberdeen Proving 
Ground, MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  
[email-masked].

Four (4) copies of 150-word abstract (Original on ACS Abstract Form) are due 
by April 19, 1996 to respective session or symposium chairpersons.

Pedagogical Session on Computational Chemistry - Dr. Angelo Rossi, IBM 
Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY
 
The Human Genome - Dr. Michael N. Liebman, Amoco Technology Group, 
Amoco Research Center, Mail Code F-2, Warrenville Rd and Mill St, Box 3011,  
Naperville, IL  60566; voice: (708) 961-7850; fax:  (708) 420-3845; email:  
[email-masked].
 
De Novo Drug Design - Dr. Mark A. Murcko, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc., 40 
Alston St., Cambridge, MA 02139; voice:  617-576-3111; fax:   617-576-2109; 
email:  [email-masked].
 
Polymer Modeling - George R. Famini, US Army Edgewood Research, 
Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI, APG, MD 21010; voice:   
410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  [email-masked].
 
Atmospheric Modeling - Dr. Amram Golombek, Israel Institute for Biological 
Research, Box 19, 70450 Ness-Ziona, ISRAEL; phone:  (972)8-381656; fax:  
(972)8-401404; email:  [email-masked].
 
Elucidation of Organic Mechanisms by Ab Initio Methods - Dr. Jeffrey 
Evanseck, University of Miami, Department of Chemistry, 1301 Memorial Drive, 
Coral Gables, FL 33124; voice:  (305)28402194; fax:  (305)284-2174; email:  
[email-masked].
 
Molecular Dynamics and Free Energy Pertubation Methods - Dr. 
Alexander Tropsha, Director, Laboratory for Molecular Modeling, CB #7360, 
Beard Hall, School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 
27599; voice:  (919)966-2955; fax:  (919)966-6919; email:  
[email-masked].

Verification and Validation of Molecular Modeling Algorithms - George 
R. Famini, US Army Edgewood Research, Development and Engineering Center, 
SCBRD-ASI, APG, MD 21010; voice:   410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  
[email-masked].
 
General Computational Chemistry - Poster and/or Oral Sessions - Dr. 
George R. Famini, US Army Edgewood Research, Development and Engineering 
Center, SCBRD-ASI, APG, MD 21010; voice:   410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-
2014; email:  [email-masked].

American Chemical Society
Computers in Chemistry Division
San Francisco Meeting, April 13-18, 1997

Program Chair:  George R. Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood Research, 
Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI, Aberdeen Proving 
Ground, MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  
[email-masked].

Four (4) copies of 150-word abstract (Original on ACS Abstract Form) are due 
by October 28, 1996 to respective session or symposium chairpersons.

  Industrial Applications of Computational Chemistry - Dr. Rick Ross, PPG 
Industries, P.O. Box 9, Allison Park, PA 15101; Voice (412)492-5359; email:  
[email-masked].

  Structure, Dynamics, and Energetics of Saccharides - Dr. William Winter, 
Department of Chemistry, 315 Baker Lab, SUNY-ESF, Syracuse, NY 13210; 
voice:  (315)470-6876; fax:  (315)470-6856;  email:  [email-masked].
 
  Molecular Modeling and Structure Determination of Nucleic Acids - Dr. 
Neocles B. Leontis, Department of Chemistry, Bowling Green State University, 
Bowling Green, OH 43403; voice:  (419)372-8663; fax: (419)372-9809;  email:  
[email-masked].
 
  Computational Chemistry on Clusters, MPPs and Other Non-
Traditional Computers -.    Dr. Timothy G. Mattson, Intel Supercomputer 
Systems Division, 5200 N.E. Elam Young Parkway, Mail Stop C06-09, Hillsboro, 
OR 97124; voice:  (503)531-5502; email:  [email-masked].
 
  Simulations of Inorganic and Organometalic Materials - Dr. Michael 
Sennett, Army Research Laboratory
 
  Pharmacophore Identification - Dr. Yvonne Martin, Computer Assisted 
Molecular Design Project, D-47E, AP9A-LL, Abbott Laboratories,  One Abbott 
Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064,voice: (708) 937-5362fax: 708 937-2625; email: 
[email-masked].
 
  Molecular Shapes - Dr. Klaus Schulten, 3147 Beckman Institute, 405 N. 
Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL  61801; voice: (217) 244-6914;  fax:  (217) 244-6078; 
email: [email-masked].

  General Computational Chemistry - Poster and/or Oral Sessions - Dr. 
George R. Famini, US Army Edgewood Research, Development and Engineering 
Center, SCBRD-ASI, APG, MD 21010; voice:   410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-
2014; email:  [email-masked].