Subject: COMP Symposia (3rd try)

From: George R Famini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 94 20:04:31 EDT

One of these days I'll learn to proof read.  But not today.  Sorry
again, it's been a bad day.  Anyway, here is the corrected^2 listing
of COMP programming through San Francisco.  Hope it is right this
time (thanks to the folks who keep catching my errors. )

				George Famini

American Chemical Society
Computers in Chemistry Division
Chicago Meeting, August 20-24  1995

Program Chair:  George R. Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood Research, 
Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI, Aberdeen Proving 
Ground, MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  
[email-masked].

Four (4) copies of 150-word abstract (Original on ACS Abstract Form) are due 
by April 19, 1995 to respective session or symposium chairpersons.

*	Computation in NMR Spectroscopy: Data Collection, Processing, 
Analysis, Refinement and Display - Dr. Mary Baum, Merck Research 
Laboratories,PO Box 2000, R50SW Rahway, NJ 07065-0900;  Voice:(908)594-
6301; Fax: (908)594-1530; email: [email-masked]; Dr. Robert von 
Tersch, U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Chemical Defense, 
	Commander, USAMRICD,  ATTN:SGRD-UV-PB/CPT R. L. von Tersch, 
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21010-5425; Voice:  (410)671-1309; fax: (410)671-
1960 ; email:  [email-masked].

*	QSAR and Related Techniques - Dr. George R. Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood 
Research, Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI, Aberdeen Proving 
Ground, MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  
[email-masked].

*	Force Fields:  Metholodogy and Parameterization - Dr. Kenneth 
Lipkowitz, Indiana University Purdue University, Indianapolis 46202; voice:  
(317)274-6883; email:  [email-masked].

*	New Parameters in Semi-Empirical Molecular Oribatal Theory -  Dr. 
John McKelvey, Research Labs, Eastman-Kodak Co., Rochester, NY, 14650; 
Voice:  (716)477-3335; email:   [email-masked].
.
*	Homology Model Building and Docking -  Dr. Jeffrey Blaney,  Chiron 
Corporation, Emeryville, CA 94608; voice:  (510)601-3313; fax:  (510)601-3360; 
email:  [email-masked].

*	Chemistry on the Infobahn - Dr. Thomas Pierce, Rohm and Haas Co. P.O. 
Box 219 Bristol, PA 19007; Voice: (215) 785-8989; FAX (215) 781-4204; email:  
[email-masked], Steven Bachrach, Department of Chemistry, Northern 
Illinois University, DeKalb, Il 60115;voice: (815)753-6863; Fax:   (815)753-4802; 
email:  [email-masked], Dr Henry Rzepa, Dept. Chemistry, Imperial 
College, LONDON SW7 2AY; voice:  (44) 171 594 5774 or 594 5809. Fax:  (44) 
171 594 5804; email:  [email-masked] via Eudora 2.03, World-Wide-Web URL: 
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html.

*	The Collaboratory- Dr. Douglas Smith, Concurrent Technologies Corporation, 
1450 Scalp Avenue, Johnstown, PA 15904;  voice:  (814) 269-2545;  fax:  
(814)269-2798;  email:  [email-masked]

  Bioinformatics -  Dr. Michael Liebman, Amoco Technology Group, Amoco 
Research Center, Mail Code F-2, Warrenville Rd and Mill St, Box 3011,  
Naperville, IL  60566; voice: (708) 961-7850; fax:  (708) 420-3845; email:  
[email-masked].
 
  Computational Evaluation of the Synthetic Feasibility of Compounds - 
Yvonne Martin,Computer Assisted Molecular Design Project, D-47E, AP9A-LL, 
Abbott Laboratories,  One Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064,voice: (708) 
937-5362fax: 708 937-2625; email: [email-masked].

*	General Computational Chemistry - Poster and/or Oral Sessions - Dr. 
George R. Famini, US Army Edgewood Research, Development and Engineering 
Center, SCBRD-ASI, APG, MD 21010; voice:   410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-
2014; email:  [email-masked].

American Chemical Society
Computers in Chemistry Division
New Orleans Meeting, April 1996

Program Chair:  George R. Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood Research, 
Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI , Aberdeen Proving 
Ground, MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  
[email-masked].

Four (4) copies of 150-word abstract (Original on ACS Abstract Form) are due 
by October 28, 1995  to respective session or symposium chairpersons.

*	Molecular Modeling Applications to Environmental Problems -  Dr. 
James Rabinowitz, USEPA, HERL, MD-68, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711; 
voice:  (919)541-5714; fax:  (919)541-0694; email:  [email-masked].

*	Semi-Empirical Molecular Orbital Methods:  Is There a Future? - Dr. 
Andrew J. Holder, Department of Chemistry, University of Missouri, Kansas 
City, MO 64110; voice:  (816)235-2293; email:  [email-masked].

  Computational Chemistry Assisted Drug Discovery - Dr. James 
Damewood, Zeneca Pharmaceuticals, Department of Medicinal/Structural 
Chemistry, 1800 Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE 19897; voice:  (302)886-5792; 
email:  [email-masked].

  Application of Object Oriented Programming Methodology to 
Computing in Chemistry - Dr. Dennis J. Gerson, IBM Consulting Group, 
1507 LBJ Freeway MS/160601, Dallas, TX 75234; Voice: (214)280-1425; fax:  
(214)280-1486:  email:  [email-masked].  Dr. Kevin Cross, Chemical 
Abstracts Service, 2540 Olentangy River Road, P.O. Box 3012, Columbus, OH 
43210; voice:  (614)447-3600 ext. 3192; fax:  (614)447-3750; email [email-masked].

*	Monte Carlo Methods in Chemistry -  Dr. Brian L. Hammond, 
Computational Research Div,Fujitsu America, Inc., 3055 Orchard Drive, San 
Jose, CA  95134; voice:  (408) 456-7322;  email: [email-masked].

  Global Energy Minimization and Protein Folding- Dr. Ruth Pachter, 
WL/MLPJ, Building 651,WPAFB, OH 45433-7702; voice:  (513)255-6671 ext 
3158; email:  [email-masked].
 
  Simulations in Materials Research - Dr, Steve Cook, Air Products and 
Chemicals, Inc, 7201 Hamilton Blvd., Allentown, PA 18195; voice:  (610)481-
2135; fax:  (610)481-2446; email:  [email-masked].
 
  Physical/Chemical Property Prediction - Dr. Lionel Carreira, Department 
of Chemistry, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602; voice :   (706) 542-2050 
or 2051; fax:   (706) 542-9454; email:  [email-masked].
 
  Frugal Chemists Software - Dr. Charles James, Department of Chemistry, 
University of North Carolina at Asheville, Ashevilee, NC 28804; voice (704)251-
6443; fax:  (704)251-6041; email:  [email-masked].
 
  Experimental Design for Chemical Models - Dr. Karen Rappaport, Hoechst-
Celanese, 96 Morris Ave, Summitt, NJ 07901; voice:  (908)522-7868; fax:  
(908)522-3913;  email:  [email-masked].
 
  New Methods in Databasing - Dr. Scott Kahn,Molecular Simulations, Inc, 
555 Oakmead Parkway, Sunnvale, CA 94086;  voice:  (408)522-0100; fax:  
(408)522-0199; email:  [email-masked].

*	General Computational Chemistry - Poster and/or Oral Sessions - Dr. 
George R. Famini, US Army Edgewood Research, Development and Engineering 
Center, SCBRD-ASI, APG, MD 21010; voice:   410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-
2014; email:  [email-masked].

American Chemical Society
Computers in Chemistry Division
Boston Meeting, August 18-23, 1996

Program Chair:  George R. Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood Research, 
Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI, Aberdeen Proving 
Ground, MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  
[email-masked].

Four (4) copies of 150-word abstract (Original on ACS Abstract Form) are due 
by April 19, 1996 to respective session or symposium chairpersons.

  Pedagogical Session on Computational Chemistry - Dr. Angelo Rossi, IBM 
Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY
 
  The Human Genome - Dr. Michael N. Liebman, Amoco Technology Group, 
Amoco Research Center, Mail Code F-2, Warrenville Rd and Mill St, Box 3011,  
Naperville, IL  60566; voice: (708) 961-7850; fax:  (708) 420-3845; email:  
[email-masked].
 
  De Novo Drug Design - Dr. Mark A. Murcko, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc., 40 
Alston St., Cambridge, MA 02139; voice:  617-576-3111; fax:   617-576-2109; 
email:  [email-masked].
 
  Polymer Modeling - George R. Famini, US Army Edgewood Research, 
Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI, APG, MD 21010; voice:   
410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  [email-masked].
 
  Atmospheric Modeling - Dr. Amram Golombek, Israel Institute for Biological 
Research, Box 19, 70450 Ness-Ziona, ISRAEL; phone:  (972)8-381656; fax:  
(972)8-401404; email:  [email-masked].
 
  Elucidation of Organic Mechanisms by Ab Initio Methods - Dr. Jeffrey 
Evanseck, University of Miami, Department of Chemistry, 1301 Memorial Drive, 
Coral Gables, FL 33124; voice:  (305)28402194; fax:  (305)284-2174; email:  
[email-masked].
 
  Molecular Dynamics and Free Energy Pertubation Methods - Dr. 
Alexander Tropsha, Director, Laboratory for Molecular Modeling, CB #7360, 
Beard Hall, School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 
27599; voice:  (919)966-2955; fax:  (919)966-6919; email:  
[email-masked].

  Verification and Validation of Molecular Modeling Algorithms - George 
R. Famini, US Army Edgewood Research, Development and Engineering Center, 
SCBRD-ASI, APG, MD 21010; voice:   410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  
[email-masked].
 
*	General Computational Chemistry - Poster and/or Oral Sessions - Dr. 
George R. Famini, US Army Edgewood Research, Development and Engineering 
Center, SCBRD-ASI, APG, MD 21010; voice:   410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-
2014; email:  [email-masked].

American Chemical Society
Computers in Chemistry Division
San Francisco Meeting, April 13-18, 1997

Program Chair:  George R. Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood Research, 
Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI, Aberdeen Proving 
Ground, MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  
[email-masked].

Four (4) copies of 150-word abstract (Original on ACS Abstract Form) are due 
by October 28, 1996 to respective session or symposium chairpersons.

  Industrial Applications of Computational Chemistry - Dr. Rick Ross, PPG 
Industries, P.O. Box 9, Allison Park, PA 15101; Voice (412)492-5359; email:  
[email-masked].

  Structure, Dynamics, and Energetics of Saccharides - Dr. William Winter, 
Department of Chemistry, 315 Baker Lab, SUNY-ESF, Syracuse, NY 13210; 
voice:  (315)470-6876; fax:  (315)470-6856;  email:  [email-masked].
 
  Molecular Modeling and Structure Determination of Nucleic Acids - Dr. 
Neocles B. Leontis, Department of Chemistry, Bowling Green State University, 
Bowling Green, OH 43403; voice:  (419)372-8663; fax: (419)372-9809;  email:  
[email-masked].
 
  Computational Chemistry on Clusters, MPPs and Other Non-
Traditional Computers -.    Dr. Timothy G. Mattson, Intel Supercomputer 
Systems Division, 5200 N.E. Elam Young Parkway, Mail Stop C06-09, Hillsboro, 
OR 97124; voice:  (503)531-5502; email:  [email-masked].
 
  Simulations of Inorganic and Organometalic Materials - Dr. Michael 
Sennett, Army Research Laboratory
 
  Pharmacophore Identification - Dr. Yvonne Martin, Computer Assisted 
Molecular Design Project, D-47E, AP9A-LL, Abbott Laboratories,  One Abbott 
Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064,voice: (708) 937-5362fax: 708 937-2625; email: 
[email-masked].
 
  Molecular Shapes - Dr. Klaus Schulten, 3147 Beckman Institute, 405 N. 
Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL  61801; voice: (217) 244-6914;  fax:  (217) 244-6078; 
email: [email-masked].

*	General Computational Chemistry - Poster and/or Oral Sessions - Dr. 
George R. Famini, US Army Edgewood Research, Development and Engineering 
Center, SCBRD-ASI, APG, MD 21010; voice:   410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-
2014; email:  [email-masked].

*      Applications of Virtual Reality to Chemistry (NEW! just added) - 
More info later