Subject: COMP Symposia for Anaheim

From: George R Famini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 94 6:44:26 EDT

Ok, Folks

The deadline to get abstracts to the symposia chairs for the Anaheim
ACS meeting is almost upon us.  In case some of you are still interested
in submitting abstracts, I have enclosed Anaheim's list of symposia and
organizers.  Please, only send General oral and posters (to include
both the General and Sci-mix poster sessions) to me, please.  Further,
unless you have contacted or been contacted by a symposium organizer
previously, I would suggest you contact them prior to submitting
your abstract.  Sessions are filling up (some have filled up) fast, and
it may already be too late. 

					George R. Famini
					COMP Program Chair

American Chemical Society
Computers in Chemistry Division
Anaheim Meeting, April 2-6 1995

Program Chair:  George R. Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood Research, 
Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI, Aberdeen 
Proving Ground, MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-
2014; email:  [email-masked].

Four (4) copies of 150-word abstract (Original on ACS Abstract Form) 
are due by October 28 1994 to respective session or symposium 
chairpersons.

  The Application of Density Functional Theory to Problems 
in Chemistry, Biological Sciences and Material Sciences- 
Cosponsored with PHYS.  Dr. Rick Ross, PPG Industries, 
P.O. Box 9, Allison Park, PA 15101; Voice (412)492-5359; 
email:  [email-masked].

  Application of Object Oriented Programming Methodology 
to Computing in Chemistry- Three Sessions.  Dr. James W. 
Cooper, IBM Research Division,  TJ Watson Research Center, 
Yorktown Hts, New York, 10598, Voice: (914)945-1356; fax: 
(914)945-2141; email [email-masked].  Dr. Dennis J. 
Gerson, IBM Consulting Group, 1507 LBJ Freeway 
MS/160601, Dallas, TX 75234; Voice: (214)280-1425; fax:  
(214)280-1486:  email:  [email-masked].  Dr. Kevin 
Cross, Chemical Abstracts Service, 2540 Olentangy River 
Road, P.O. Box 3012, Columbus, OH 43210; voice:  (614)447-
3600 ext. 3192; fax:  (614)447-3750; email [email-masked].

  Conformational Analysis- Four Sessions.  Dr. Joseph J. 
Urban, Deptartment of Chemistry, U.S. Naval Academy, 
Annapolis, MD 21402; voice:  (410)293-6600; Dr.  George R. 
Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood Research, Development and 
Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI, Aberdeen Proving Ground, 
MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  
[email-masked].

  Combinatorial Synthesis- Two Sessions.  Dr. David 
Spellmeyer, Chiron Corporation, Emeryville, CA 94608; 
voice:  (510)601-3313; fax:  (510)601-3360; email:  
[email-masked].

  Data-Flow Programming and Molecular Visualization-  
Two Sessions.  Dr. Douglas A. Smith, Department of 
Chemistry,  University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 42606; voice:  
(419)-537-2116; fax:  (419)537-3033; email:  
[email-masked].; George R. Famini, U.S. Army 
Edgewood Research, Development and Engineering Center, 
SCBRD-RTASI, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21010; 
Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  
[email-masked].

  Algorithms in Computer-Aided Chemistry - Two Sessions.  
Dr. Brian T. Luke, IBM Corporation, MLM/078, 
Neighborhood Rd, Kingston, NY 21401; voice:  (914)385-
8868; fax:  (914)385-4373; email:  [email-masked].
 
  The Application of Parallel Computing to Computational 
Chemistry- Three Sessions.    Dr. Timothy G. Mattson, 
Intel Supercomputer Systems Division, 5200 N.E. Elam 
Young Parkway, Mail Stop C06-09, Hillsboro, OR 97124; 
voice:  (503)531-5502; email:  [email-masked].

  Molecular Modeling for the Bench Chemist,- Ajay Shah, 
Biosym Corporation, 9685, Scranton Road, San Diego, CA 
92121-3752 ; fax: (619) 458-0136;  email: [email-masked].

  General Computational Chemistry - Poster and/or Oral 
Sessions - Dr. George R. Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood 
Research, Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-
ASI, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-
2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  [email-masked].