Subject: sequential execution of Mopac

From: [email-masked] (Ging Lee 12-06-90)
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 94 11:47:20 PDT

Dear Ari Lahti, Abo Akademi University,

	I have run mopac job in sequence before and the way I did it was
to creat a file that contains the entire list of input file without its
extension (.dat).  I would called the file "list"; the script file to run it
would be called "runlist".  The content of "runlist" is:

files=`cat list`

for file in $files
 do
   /net/sgi1/exec/mopac6/bin/Mopac.e  $file

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(change your path to locate the executable file for mopac; this also
assumes that your mopac program will give the appropriate output extensions.

The file "runlist" should have executable permission by:

              % chmod u+x runlist

To run your job in the background just type

              % runlist &

Hope this helps, if you have any question email me.

Nicholas Lee
[email-masked]