Subject: MOPAC necessarily batch?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 1994 13:56:53 +0200 (EET)

I need to start a lot (>100) of MOPAC runs one after another
from a UNIX script. How can I make sure that no more than one
MOPAC is running at a time? 

I have tried deleting '&' from the .com file, but MOPAC still
goes batch (obviously the routine 'ta_batch' makes it do so in
any case). I have tried adding 'wait' in my script, but - 
strangely enough - it doesn't seem to work either. 'at' would
be clumsy to be used in my case.

So, how could I either make MOPAC run in the foreground or
make my script wait for the batch to end?

Thanks in advance.

Ari Lahti, Abo Akademi University

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ari Lahti, M.D., M.Sc.
Dept. Phys. Chem.
Abo Akademi University
Porthansg. 4-6
FIN-20500 Abo
Finland
tel.: 358-21-654617
fax: 358-21-654706
e-mail: [email-masked]

---------------------------------------------------------------