Subject: G92-DFT/AlphaVMS

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 1994 15:40:22 -0500 (CDT)

I am hoping someone can help with a couple of problems I am having during the
testing of G92 on our Alpha running OpenVMS 6.1.

One problem was solved by DEC.  It required placing the following statement in
MDUTIL.C before the "#include <errno.h>" statement:

            #define cma$tis_errno_get_addr CMA$TIS_ERRNO_GET_ADDR

This cleared up a problem with symbol definition.

Another problem remains in MDUTIL.C.  The routine "isexe" does not correctly
determine the "uid" and "gid" so G92 is not able to execute the required links.
I got around this by setting the status (t = 1) in "getexen".

The third problem is a bigger nuisance.  When the archive values are printed at
the end of a run by link L9999, the values for real numbers have been shifted
by 2 bits, i.e., divided by 4.  For example, if the output should read
"HF = -72.4000", it will instead read "HF = -18.1000".

Has anybody else run into these problems?  Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

Jeff Schubert

Abbott Laboratories

[email-masked]