Subject: More AMBER atom types

From: Charles Letner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 1994 12:44:10 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
	I just finished reading the summary of [email-masked] about
atom types in AMBER.  It seems that this approach of taking a atom type
from the AMBER force field and using this as an atom type in a non-protein
molecule is OK.  However, I'm wondering how general this is.  I'm planning
on including substrates in some of my upcoming MDs.  As these only contain
C, H, N, and O,  I can probably find similar atoms among the standard atoms
of AMBER.  So, is this reasonable or should I still think about creating
new parameters (ala tha Hopfinger & Pearlstein, 1984 article)?  I'd be
very interested in opinions as well as aspects that should be considered
when making this decision.
Thanks for your time,
Chuck

Charles Letner
Wright State University
Department of Biochemistry
Dayton, OH 45435
e-mail: [email-masked]