Subject: X-Ray Crystallography display

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 1994 12:50:27 -0500 (EST)

Greetings,

A collegue of mine has the following problem. His X-ray crystallography 
apparatus comes with a software program called SHELLX (I believe this
comes from Siemens, Holland). Within SHELLX there is a program called
XP (interactive molecular graphics v4.2) which creates *.res output
files. However, for what ever reason, there is no graphics display
program associated with SHELLX.
The question now is, does anybody know of a simple molecular display
package that can read the *.res files, diplay them properly, rotate
them, measure distances, angles etc. No manipulation of the molecule
is nessecary.

Thanx in advance,

Patrick M. van der Valk, M.Sc

 **************************************************************************
** Patrick van der Valk         | It is a capital mistake to theorize     *
** BioMimic                     | before one has data. Insensibly one     *
**                              | begins to twist facts to suit theories  *
** e-mail:[email-masked] | instead of theories to suit facts.      *
** Phone: (416) 736-5747        |                                         *
** Fax: (416) 650-3558          |                 -Sherlock Holmes-       *
 **************************************************************************