Subject: chemical MIME discussion group

From: [email-masked] (Rzepa,Henry) (Rzepa,Henry)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 1994 12:29:55 +0000

Some of you may remember the postings from me about 8 months ago on
chemical MIME types. These eventually coalesced into an Internet Draft, which
ran from May - October. It is now expired, and needs to be revised.
The revision group is currently myself, Peter Murray-Rust and Ben Whitaker.

In order to make things more democratic, I have set up a listserver for the
group. You are invited to subscribe to it, if you have an interest in
standardising
the way chemistry and the Internet interact. We do hope however to keep the
group fairly focussed on this area.  Send a 1 liner to
[email-masked]   containing the message
subscribe chemime your name

(no signatures please, they only confuse the listserver).

We hope to automatically convert any postings to this group into on-line HTML
style documents (with subscribers agreement).  If you do not wish to contribute
to discussions, you should still be able to see what others have written without
subscribing to the group (I know that the current proliferation of
discussion lists
results in more mail than I can cope with! I would not wish to make things worse
for you all!!)

The first aim of the group will be to produce a second IETF draft on chemical
MIME types, which would run for a further 6 months. This should be followed by
a IETF RFC, which would be a standards-track document. We may also wish to
consider other standard documents, as for example SGML type "dtds" in this area.

Dr Henry Rzepa, Department of Chemistry, Imperial College, LONDON SW7 2AY;
[email-masked] via Eudora 2.1.1, Tel  (44) 171 594 5774 or 594 5809.
Fax: (44) 171 594 5804. World-Wide-Web URL:
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html

---

From: "Kris Boulez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 1994 15:39:39 +0100

On Nov 9, 12:29pm, Rzepa,HenryRzepa,Henry wrote:
> Subject: CCL:chemical MIME discussion group
[...]
> [email-masked]   containing the message

should be [email-masked]
              ^

> http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html

Kris,
--
Kris Boulez		([email-masked])
Biomolecular NMR unit
University of Ghent, Belgium