Subject: New 3D-QSAR Package: Galaxy!

From: [email-masked] (K. Ramnarayan)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 94 14:30:35 -0800

Program Galaxy (TM) 

The program Galaxy (TM) is a fully menu driven, state of the 
art 3D-QSAR program  and  has  several  features  which  are
indispensable  tools  in  the  discovery  process  of  novel
molecules,  even  for  cases  where  the  three  dimensional
structure   of   the  target  is  determined.   The  3D-QSAR
methodology, which was invented  by  Dr.   Ghose,  helps  to
design  potent  inhibitors  by taking into account the three
dimensional    structural    information    and     relevant
physicochemical  properties  of  the inhibitors.  Dr.  Ghose
has several successes in  designing  potent  inhibitors  by
using  this  method.   In  addition, the program has a large
number of facilities to study structural and physicochemical 
properties of  general  organic  molecules.   The  following
descriptions  summarize  the  capabilities  of  the  program
Galaxy (TM).  

1.  2D and 3D molecule builder.  

2.    Physicochemical   property   estimation   of   organic
molecules.  

3.   An   elaborate   Molecular   Mechanics   with   various
conformational analysis techniques.  

4.  3D-Database containing 45,000 organic molecules.   Users
can make their own data base.  

5.  Statistical Fitting Tools.  

6.  Hanch type QSAR.  

7.  Pharmacophore Modeling.  

8.  State of the art 3D-QSAR method.  It has both  automated
and  manual  superposition  techniques.   It  can  take into
account  the  hydrophobic,  dispersive   and   electrostatic
interactions very reliably using its atom based properties.  

9.    Protein   Cavity-Quantitative    Structure    Activity
Relationships.  

10.  Molecular Orbital Interface.  

11.   Open  interfacing  for  easy  integration   of   other
methods.  

Contact: 

AM Technologies Inc.                     AM Technologies Inc.  
14785 Omicron Dr.                        1355 St.   Peters  Rd.   
Texas Research Park                      Pottstown, PA 19464  
San Antonio, TX 78218.                   Phone: (610) 327 0705.  
Phone: (210) 677 6000 
Fax: (210) 677 6070.