Subject: GAUSSIAN or GAMESS with SPARTAN ?!

From: Ralf Oestereich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 94 15:28:06 MEZ

Dear netters!!!

We have the following question concerning GAUSSIAN:

Background: We are thinking about using GAUSSIAN with SPARTAN or
GAMESS with SPARTAN. 
SPARTAN of course does not support input or output from GAMESS, but 
we are more familiar with GAMESS, so if there are not some really
nice advantages using GAUSSIAN...

Now, as far as we know you must use internal coordinates instead
of cartesian in GAUSSIAN. I saw a manual once  and it looked pretty
complicated. I think we would prefer the possibility to use them
sometimes.

The question is: How does a GAUSSIAN input look like?
Maybe someone could send us an example?

And further: Does anyone have some experiences in combining
GAMESS with SAPRTAN 3.0?

Thanks to everyone who is willing to help us.

Have a good day.

			R. Oestereich

Bergakademie Freiberg

Institut fuer Anorganische Chemie
Leipziger Strasse
09599 Freiberg

Germany