Subject: Nice animations: summary of responds

From: [email-masked] (Anatoli Belonoshko)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 94 14:01:57 +0100

Dear Colleague,

     The respond on my request for "nice animations"
of preferably of inorganic systems was not
overwhelming at all. Therefore, special thanks to
those who provided me with cyberspace coordinates.

     I have received three useful pointers. Two of them
I already knew. The third was for organic systems. As
a matter of fact I have not found what I expected. Still
it might be of some help to you.

     "Enclosed" please find three informative responds.

      Hope it helps. 

      Best regards,

      Anatoly Belonoshko
      Uppsala University, Sweden
----------------------------------------------

>From [email-masked] Fri Oct 14 16:34:04 1994

Dear Anatoly,

You can have a look at our WWW server you can find a few animations, with
e.g. a ferrocene dynamics

see : http://scsg9.unige.ch/eng/toc.html

hope this helps

Francois Savary

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Francois Savary
University of Geneva
Department of Physical Chemistry CHIFI Weber
30 quai Ernest-Ansermet
CH-1211 Geneva 4

Lab       : 112
Phone     : +4122 702 65 32
Fax       : +4122 702 65 18
e-mail    : [email-masked]
HTML      : http://scsg9.unige.ch/tabmat.html  (in french)
          : http://scsg9.unige.ch/eng/toc.html (in english)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

>From [email-masked] Fri Oct 14 16:58:13 1994

For starting points on visualisation in chemistry,
try http://www.nih.gov/molecular_modeling/mmhome.html  and
http://scsg9.unige.ch/eng/toc.html for a start. 
There are now quite a few WWW sites accessible. 
Leslie Glasser
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE NOTE: New E-mail address.  
   Old address: [email-masked] should no longer be used.
======================================================================
(Prof.) Leslie Glasser                     Dept. of Chemistry    
E-mail: [email-masked]      Univ. of Witwatersrand     
Tel: Intl + 27 11 716-2070                 P. O. WITS 2050            
Fax: Intl + 27 11 339-7967                 South Africa               
====================================================================== 

>From [email-masked] Sun Oct 23 23:54:37 1994

Dear Dr. Belonoshko,

you can find a small collection of animations of inorganic MD computer
simulations at the anonymous-ftp site chem-ftp.mps.ohio-state.edu, in the
directory /moviemol. At the same place you will find the molecular animation
program "moviemol" for MS-DOS, ibm risc/6000 and silicon graphics platforms.
Some more animations will probably be added to this site in the not-to-distant
future.

Best regards,
#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#
 Dr. Lars Ojamae                           Phone (614) 292-7806
 Dept of Chemistry, Ohio State University  Email [email-masked]
#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#

---

From: Stefan Unger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 09:39:47 -0800 (PST)

> it might be of some help to you.

An "animation" of Fe binding site in ferredoxin (from Protein Expert 
"wobble" mode for stereo viewing) is available at
www.camsci.com
I hope you find this useful.