Subject: Network POP Server

From: [email-masked] (Bruce A. Luxon)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 94 12:45:40 -0600

Netters,

Sorry if this isn't exactly Hi-Tech CompChem.  I am setting up a
dept. level network with a Cray J90 compute server and about 10 
SGI workstations and about 8 Macs. Everything has it's own direct
ethernet port. I would like to manage our email to the Macs through
one of our SGI's rather than use the University's ancient Vax. So
far I've just used .forward files but this seems pretty klugy and
doesn't address the real issue. Can anyone push me towards a POP
server that will work on one of our SGI's and support Eudora on the
Macs?  All responses will be gratefully received. If anyone wants a
summary let me know.

Bruce
*=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*
*  Bruce A. Luxon, Ph.D                                                    *
*  Assistant Professor                                                     U
*  Dept. of Human Biological Chemistry & Genetics                          T
*  University of Texas Medical Branch                                      M
*  Galveston, TX   77555                                                   B
*  (409)747-0599; Fax (409)747-0714                                        *
*  [email-masked]                          http://www.nmr.utmb.edu  *
*=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*