Subject: solvation energy data for phospholipid

From: Zhou Feng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 94 14:52:05 -0600

Hello there:

          Anyone can tell me where to find the experimental data on  
lipid solvation energies?    For example,  the solvation energy for  
different head groups, the phosphatidyl group,  the choline or  
ethanalmine group,  etc.  I don't know whether such data actually  
exists?    My own study is a theoretical one,   I am calculating the  
solvation energies using free energy perturbation  for lipids in a  
protein-membrane system.  It would be nice to have something real to  
compare to.    Anybody interested in similar topics or doing similar  
simulations?  I would be interested in exchanging some results and  
ideas.

---
		Feng Zhou

+--------------------------------------------------------------------
|Theoretical Biophysics 		[email-masked]
|University of Illinois			Tel: (217)-244-1612
|3121 Beckman Institute			Fax: (217)-244-6078
|405 N Mathews, Urbana, IL61801		NeXTmail Ok
+--------------------------------------------------------------------