Subject: Post doc available

From: Jonathan Tennyson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 17:57:15 +0000 (GMT)

Postdoctoral Research Associate in Theoretical Molecular Physics

Department of Physics and Astronomy, UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON

An EPSRC funded Postdoctoral Research Assistantship in Theoretical Molecular
Physics is available as part of the University College London
rolling grant programme in Atomic, Molecular and Positron Physics.
The post is to work with Prof Jonathan Tennyson (UCL) and Dr Lesley Morgan
(Royal Holloway College) on low-energy electron-molecule collisions using the
R-matrix method. The project would suit a candidate with a background in either
atomic and molecular physics or quantum chemistry. An interest in programming
for the new Cray T3D massively parallel computer in Edinburgh is desirable.

The appointment would be on the Research Staff Scale 1A, currently
\pounds 13,941 -- \pounds 20,953 p.a. plus \pounds 2134 London weighting.
The position is available immediately and funds are available until the end
of March 1996. An extension of the project has been applied for.

Applicants should send a curriculum vitae, including the names of two referees,
as soon as possible to Prof Jonathan Tennyson, Department of Physics and
Astronomy, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, (Phone:
+(44) 71-380 7809, FAX +(44) 71-380 7145, e-mail: jt @ ib.rl.ac.uk)
>from whom further information can be obtained.