Subject: Protein Structure analysis:Summary

From: Mrigank <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 94 21:35:19 +0530

I posted a querry on programs for prtein conformatoinal analysis. i
  recievd lots of reply. I am summarizing the replies here. Original
  replioes can be asked if some one wants.

Mrigank

___
One:

Protein Expert (for MAC with math coprocessor) can do some nice analysis
of protein structure, including comparisons of structures digested into
a database of sequence, distance and angle relationships.  You can search 
for motifs.  Volume comparisons of proteins is also quite complete. A 
demo is available at www.camsci.com

---
Two:
   
   For protein structure analysis, you could try the pkb by Steve Bryant.  The 
program itself is free, but it requires an Splus license to run (see below).
   The pkb is freely available via anonymous ftp over internet.  They are
present on ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, in the compressed tar archive
pub/pkb/pkb.tar.Z. 

The files in this directory are a distribution of the PKB program system.
This is PKB version 3.0.  It comes from:

   Steve Bryant
   National Center for Biotechnology Information
   National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health
   8600 Rockville Pike
   Bethesda, Maryland  20894

   Phone: (301) 476-2475
   Email: [email-masked]

PKB is provided to you free of charge as an academic exchange.  Please fell
free to use and/or modify the programs as you see fit.  I cannot guarantee
you support, but will try to answer questions.  Please acknowledge use of PKB 
in scientific publications, if appropriate.  Please do not redistribute PKB 
without permission, nor incorporate it into any commercial product.

Let me know what you do with PKB, or what you'd like to do but can't!
Comments and questions from users have helped me improve the system, 
and I'd like to continue the process!  

Steve Bryant, 5/6/93

-----
Three:

	in order to obtain P-curve, you better contact one of the
authors, Prof. Heinz Sklenar at the Max-Delbrueck-Centre for
Molecular Medicine, Robert-Roessle-Str. 10, 13122 Berlin, United
States of Germany. His Telephone is likely to be +49-9406-2561,
e-mail  [email-masked] .

----
Four:

I am not so sure whether the program PROCHECK would help you or not.
Perhap, you can try to look it. The program is available from 
    ftp 128.40.46.11  /pub/procheck/tar3_0_1 or /pub/procheck/source3_0_1.
-----

All those who reponded:

 Stefan Unger <[email-masked]>

 [email-masked] (Dirk Huckriede)

 "Konrad, IRBM Chemistry, +39-6-91093606" <[email-masked]>

 [email-masked] (Frank Eisenmenger)

 [email-masked] (Pornthep Sompornpisut)

 [email-masked] (Toni Kazic)

  Thanks a million to all of you

Mrigank
----
Mrigank                           \/Phone  +91 172 49057     
Institute of Microbial Technology /\Email:  [email-masked]
Sector 39A,                       \/FAX: +91 172 40958, +91 172 28032          
Chandigarh 160 014 India.         /\ 
==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+
-- When I feed the poor, they call me saint. When I ask why the poors do
   not have food, they call me communist - Archbishop Camaran