Subject: graphics programs

From: "Micheal Bartberger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 1994 15:44:22 -0500

Hello all.

If this question has been asked in the past, please pardon the
redundancy.

I am interested in the availability of software packages for displaying
geometries (such as the typical pictures of calculated or X-ray structures
found in journal articles) along with the associated geometric data (bond
distances, etc.)   The ability to read various types of input files (XYZ,
Internal, etc) would be fantastic.    I'd like to find something decent
to use in conjunction with a Windows-based word processor allowing the
typical cut & paste functions, that is of publication quality.

I'd imagine that there are of plenty of programs out there that will
do a great job of this, but I haven't seen anything around the
department.  The displaying of bond distances, etc. does not have to
be automatic (such as something like the CAChe Molecule Editor can do)
but rather I am just looking for something that will give professional-
looking structures for incorporation into an MS Word / WP / etc.
document.

These do not have to be public domain, and I will, of course, summarize
if there is sufficient interest.  Thanks!

Michael D. Bartberger
Department of Chemistry
University of Florida

[email-masked]
[email-masked]