Subject: PDB format: the answers

From: [email-masked] (Hinsen Konrad)
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 94 11:10:48 -0500

Thanks to all who sent me information about where to find the
PDB format definition. Since I received so many replies with
information and an almost equal number of requests for
forwarding it, I decided to send a public reply to all instead
of spending the rest of the day answering individual mails...

For those who are also looking for information on the PDB
format, here the answers:

The official documentation is available in PostScript format
by ftp from pdb.pdb.bnl.gov as pub/format.desc.ps (which is
where I got it from). It is also said to be available from
www.ccl.net in the directory
/pub/chemistry/documents/PDB/PDB_file_format (which I didn't
check).

Public domain code in C and C++ to read and write PDB
is available by ftp from cgl.ucsf.edu as /pub/libpdb.shar
and /pub/libpdb++.shar. I will have a look at the C++ version,
it might be all I need.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Konrad Hinsen                     | E-Mail: [email-masked]
Departement de Chimie             | Tel.: +1-514-343-6111 ext. 3953
Universite de Montreal            | Fax:  +1-514-343-7586
C.P. 6128, succ. A                | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/Nederlands/
Montreal (QC) H3C 3J7             | Francais (phase experimentale)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------