Subject: [Q] g92dft - RWF-files

From: [email-masked] (Christoph Ehrendorfer)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 1994 15:20:11 +0100 (MET)

I have a question concerning the case of large RWF-files in Gaussian
92/DFT. Doing analytical
FREQ calculations the RWF-file grows to remarkable size and sometimes
becomes larger than the available diskspace (or the limit of
the file-system specified by the operating system).

Im am working on a AIX-system and I am thinking about the possibility to
split the RWF-file in two files and to put them on two different
file-systems. So my question is, if this splitting of the RWF-file is
possible (and HOW) ?

But I would also be happy to get other comments on the possibility to
decrease the amount of necessary diskspace during analytical FREQ
calculations.

Thanx in advance

Ch. Ehrendorfer

-- 
Christoph Ehrendorfer
Institut fuer Theoretische Chemie
Waehringerstrasse 17
1090 Wien

Tel.: +43 1 40480 / 676
FAX:  +43 1 402 85 25