Subject: Gaussian Workshop, February 2-5, London, England

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 1995 17:15:10 -0500 (EST)

A few seats remai for the next Gaussian workshop.  Please send a note to
[email-masked] for more details.

****************************************************************************

 IBM United Kingdom announces

 INTRODUCTION TO GAUSSIAN:  THEORY AND PRACTICE

 Date:      February 2-5, 1995

 Location:  IBM Southbank, London England

  IBM is pleased to sponsor "Introduction to Gaussian:  Theory and
 Practice."  This workshop will be presented in conjunction with Gaussian,
 Inc. and Molecular Simulations, Inc., on February 2-5, 1995 at IBM's Southbank
 facility in the heart of London.  The workshop will cover the full range
 of methods available in the Gaussian package with emphasis on new
 methods and features which make Gaussian applicable to an ever widening
 spectrum of questions.  The workshop is structured to provide an introduction
 to electronic structure theory as well as a hands-on review for researchers
 active in the field.  The workshop is open to researchers at all levels of
 academic, government and industrial research.

  We are also pleased to have available the latest release of Cerius2 from
 Molecular Simulations, Inc. featuring the Quantum Mechanics Workbench as 
 user interface for this workshop.  The Quantum Mechanics Workbench supports
 graphical input and calculation setup for Gaussian as well as post-processing
 and display of results.  The Quantum Mechanics Workbench is a recent
 addition to the Cerius2 user interface which enhances your ability
 to do great science across the range of MSI products.

      Instructors: 

        Dr. Michael J. Frisch               Lorentzian, Inc.
        Prof. H. Bernard Schlegel           Wayne State University
        Dr. Douglas J. Fox                  Gaussian, Inc.
        Prof. Michael Robb                  University of London
        Prof. Ian Hillier                   Victoria University of Manchester

      Tentative Agenda Topics:

        Introduction to Electronic Structure Theory
        
        MCSCF Methods and Applications
        Geometry Optimization Techniques
        Electron Correlation Methods
        Density Functional Theory Methods
        Excited States via CI Singlets
        Thermochemistry via Model Chemistries
        Interpretation of Results and Molecular Properties
        Solvent Effects on Molecular Electronic Structure
        Gaussian Utilities