Subject: Molecular Animation program for Windows

From: Jeffrey J Gosper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 1995 16:56:07 +0000 (GMT)

Dear fellow netters,

I am making a demonstration version of my molecular animation program
're_view' freely available to interested parties.
RE_VIEW is essentially a molecular viewer, animator, analyzer, and MOPAC 
reaction path converter that runs under Windows 3

The major functions of RE_VIEW include the ability to:
1) Display and manipulate molecules in 3D;
2) Animate reaction pathways (or other multstep XYZ files);
3) Align the steps/frames within an animation, along a vectors or onto a plane;
4) Animate normal modes of vibration;
5) Monitor geometries (lengths, angles and dihedrals);
6) Provide tabulated geometrical data (which can be readily incorporated into
   spreadsheets); and
7) Automatically produce high quality 'ray-traced' images and 
   animation sequences.

At present review.zip can be obtained by anonymous FTP from ftp.brunel.ac.uk
in the /pc/chem directory. Also in this directory are two demo animation files
named claisen.zip and antimark.zip which (when unzipped) can be animated
using AAWin (or another .fli/.flc animator). AAWin, as well as other programs
that re_view' interacts with, can be found in subdirectories.

N.B. This version of re_view.zip may be freely distributed.