Subject: Molecular Animations for Windows

From: Jeffrey J Gosper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 1995 16:43:41 +0000 (GMT)

Dear fellow netters,

After some initial testing (thanks to those involved) I have now 
developed my animation program (originally named mop2xyz now 
name RE_VIEW) to a point where I am freely distributing a demonstration
version of the program. At this point in time it is available by anonymous
FTP from ftp.brunel.ac.uk in the /pc/chem directory in a file named
re_view.zip. 

A number of other files are also located in this directory
and its subdirectory. Claisen and antimark.zip are sample demo animation
files suitable for AAWin (or another .fli animator). The other subdirectories
contain programs that re_view can interact with (including aawin).

RE_VIEW has many new features these are outlined below.

RE_VIEW is essentially a molecular viewer, animator, analyzer, and 
MOPAC reaction path converter. The program runs under Windows 3

The major functions of RE_VIEW include the ability to:
1) Convert MOPAC reaction coordinate (path) calculations into concatinated
   XYZ format files
2) Read/Write XYZ format files
3) Display and manipulate molecules in 3D;
4) Animate multistep XYZ files e.g reaction pathways obtained from MOPAC;
5) Align the steps/frames within an animation, along a vectors or onto a plane;
6) Animate normal modes of vibration;
7) Monitor geometries (lengths, angles and dihedrals);
8) Provide tabulated geometrical data (which can be readily incorporated into
   spreadsheets); and
9) Automatically produce high quality 'ray-traced' images and 
   (stand-alone) animation sequences.

This demonstration version is public domain and may be freely copied and
distributed (as a complete package).

Yours sincerely
Dr Jeff Gosper