Subject: Network Charges

From: Julian Tirado-Rives <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 95 14:22:21 EST

Dear CCL'ers:

   As part of the periodic attempts of Yale's network the issue was raised
wether or not to charge monthly fees for network access for each computer
connected to Ethernet.  Since this can add pretty quickly I was wondering
what is done in other universities.  I would like to know from people in
other institutions wether this service is provided by the University for
free, if the tab is somehow picked up by the Department, or if the charges
(if any) are passed down to the individual researchers.

  Please reply by e-mail and I'll summarize to the list if there is any
interest.  Thanks!

                    Sincerely

                                      - Julian -

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
   |  Julian Tirado-Rives          |                                     |
   |  Department of Chemistry      | Phone: (203)432-3356                |
   |  Yale University              | Fax:   (203)432-6144                |
   |  P. O. Box 208107             | email:  [email-masked] |
   |  New Haven, CT 06520-8107     |                                     |
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------