Subject: Computational Chemistry Workshop

From: "Wayne Huang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 1995 09:11:55 -0800

This is a posting for the upcoming COMPUTATIONAL CHEMISTRY WORKSHOP.
We have just successfully completed the January Workshop, the next two
workshops will be on Feb 1-3 & March 29-31. Up to now, we still have
couple of seats open for registration. Here is the information.

		------------------------------------
		| COMPUTATIONAL CHEMISTRY WORKSHOP |
		------------------------------------

Intensive 3-day workshops focus on the application of modern electronic
structure methods to chemistry. Lectures will describe underlying theory,
assess the performance of modern electronic structure methods, outline
practical strategies for doing calculations, and illustrate results of
applications to diverse chemical problems. Laboratories provide hands-on
experience using a wide selection experiment, as well as ample time to
explore your own chemistry.

Lecturer: Prof. Warren Hehre;   Lab instructor: Dr. Wayne Huang

Upcoming 1995 Workshop Schedule:

		February Workshop: February 1, 2 & 3, 1995
		-----------------

		March Workshop:    March 29, 30 & 31, 1995
		--------------
		(This is right before Anaheim ACS Meeting,
                 Anaheim is 20 minutes from Irvine)

Workshops will be held at:

		Wavefunction, Inc.
		Irvine, California

These workshops will provide ...

	o Concise summary of modern electronic structure methods
		- Semiempirical
		- Ab initio
		- Density functional

	o Assessment of range and performance of electronic structure methods
		- What kinds of problems are amenable to computation?
		- What kinds of results are to be expected?

	o Hands-on experience in the use of electronic structure methods
		- How to do chemistry using computation?

	o Use of graphical models
		- Practical introduction to graphical models
		- Graphical analysis of molecular structures and properties
		- Graphcial description of chemical reactivity and selectivity

	o Demostration - Animation and visualization in organic chemistry.

Enrollment is strictly limited to eight people per workshop. Small class size
ensures each participant their own IBM RS/6000 37T workstations and plenty of
individual attention.

For more information or to request a workshop brochure, please send e-mail with
your fax number or mailing adrress to:

		[email-masked]

or contact:

		Dr. Wayne Huang
		Wavefunction, Inc.
		18401 Von Karman, Suite 370
		Irvine, CA 92715
		Tel: (714)955-2120
		Fax: (714)955-2118
		[email-masked]